FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked18month old sleep troubles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LeeBee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18month old sleep troubles
    Posted: 07 January 2012 at 10:37pm
Hi all, Hoping someone might have some advice for us! My DD is just over 18 months old & has been in a great sleep routine for about 6 months now but in the last few weeks things have started to go wrong. Her day sleep used to be around 2 hours, but she has started going longer & longer - with night time bed time getting worse.

So far we have tried cutting her day sleeps off at 2&half hours, but evening bed time has slipped from 7pm to 8pm & tonight it was 9:30 before we finally got her to sleep. Also in the past we could put her down around 7:30 & she would happily lie in bed with her teddy & chatter away for 20 mins or so before falling asleep - now she is just bashing the side of the cot &/or screaming until we go in for more cuddles.

Developmentally she does have a lot going on right now - she started potty training in the last month, new words every day, etc etc, so I know that we are probably due for a routine change, but I just can't figure out what she needs .... more sleep? less sleep? more food? more activities? less activities (She has an outing nearly every day - swimming, library, park etc).

Any advice much appreciated!
Sponsored Links

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2012 at 3:06pm
sounds like you are doing everything right :-) My 18mo sometimes does this for a week or two, then goes back to 7pm-7am. I find a few settled days just hanging around at home can help, and if nothing else works, I put her down about 7pm, and cross my fingers, she will yell for a bit, then usually crashes out. although it might take an hour or two o bad nights. There is also the tizzy hall method of putting them back down in the cot 40 times, which i find works when nothing else does...but not much fun to do. Hopeflly, just a phase & it will come right by itself :-)

Post Reply Post Reply