FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLittle genie nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Little genie nappies
    Posted: 12 April 2012 at 1:47pm
Has anyone used these? Thoughts?
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:50pm
Got a friend that uses them & thinks they're good.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 1:58pm
I have used them for both my kids (5mo & 22mo) and they are ok for daytime use, but crap overnight (literally!) - both moderate wetters, and EVERY morning without fail there would be pee leaks :-( I normally use cloth, with moltex overnight or when we go out. Gave LGs a go for a month, and won't be going back to them.

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 1:40pm
I found them ok for over night, as we use cloth during the day... have swapped to treasures because I've been told that unless you are composting at home then there is no point in the bamboo breaking down as it wont happen in the landfill

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 8:04pm
I also heard that huggies are made of 75% biodegradable materials (nz radiate pine) so maybe that could be another option to look at?

May View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 9:36am
I used them as a trial and was utterly dissapointed. Not only do they leak very quickly they have an absorbant material which forms crystals that are then on babies skin. The sizing is also all out. Will never use them again. Am using Treasures during the day and Huggies at night.
Paul - Little Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul - Little Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 11:09am
If anyone has any issues with our Little Genie nappy quality please feel free to contact me paul@envirochoice.co.nz as I would love to hear from you to discuss further and hopefully resolve to your satisfaction.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul - Little Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 11:15am
Composting and make up of Little Genie Nappy: Even if you decide not to compost our nappy at home to reduce landfill waste it contains less petrochemicals in its construction and is made from more sustainable materials like the bamboo from viscose. We are working with councils to encourage them to deal with green waste better as even a newspaper that goes into landfill may not breakdown in a timely manner. Feel free to contact me anytime at paul@envirochoice.co.nz to discuss further or if you have any questions.
Guest_52247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_52247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by May May wrote:

I used them as a trial and was utterly dissapointed. Not only do they leak very quickly they have an absorbant material which forms crystals that are then on babies skin. The sizing is also all out. Will never use them again. Am using Treasures during the day and Huggies at night.

I have had completely the opposite experience. Since using LG nappies we have had no leaks or up the back poos, unlike other bigger brand nappies. Also they are nicer for my baby who has sensitive skin. Just had to use Treasures this week (as the LG brand weren't available in our little local supermarket)and we are back to a red bum and leaks! I think LG nappies are awesome.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul - Little Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:47pm
Can you tell me where your local supermarket was where you could not get the little genie nappies so I can look into. We also sell online www.littlegenienz.com, Cheers Paul
babydoll09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babydoll09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 2:48pm
Sorry i have to agree i wouldn't buy again. Only used for daytime and within hours the crystals were on my babys bum. Usually only about a dozen or so as i changed extra frequently when i discovered this until i used up my packet.

If it hadn't been for the crystal issue i wouldn't have minded buying more, i liked there fit and the green idea but never had a crystal with any other brand

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul - Little Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 3:22pm
Hi Babydoll09 since we first launched the nappies we have changed the top sheet of the nappy as we had a few complaints with gels coming through. If you email me paul@envirochoice.co.nz with the batch number (Found on bottom of pack) I can check if this was the batch with the issue. I can also send you out some Free replacement nappies of our latest batch to try. Cheers Paul
myrabreunig99076 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrabreunig99076 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:35pm
New mom here. We have been using them for our newborn and have not had any bad experiences- they last through the night (though we do change her when she wakes for a feeding). We have seen a few crystals, but literally only one here or there- nothing to complain about. Aside from being very with the performance, we really want to support this company knowing that they need support to continue and know that they will always be focused on bettering their product, as well as disposal of it, if and when possible. Just my 2 cents.
TerriDoig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerriDoig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2012 at 1:03pm
I just started using these because I wanted to be environmentally conscious (there is no composting service where I live) I will not be using them again. They leak so easily. I have to get up in the night to do a nappy change. My 10 week old baby will only some times get 6 hours out of them. Most of the time they are full after 4. They are a good idea, just need to be more absorbent.
TeacherLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeacherLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2012 at 1:18pm
Hey Guest- I found this too- and weird crystals left on Fergus. I emailed Paul from Little Genie who was keen for feedback (see further up this thread) and he was very thankful. He said to put baby up a size and will stop leak. We did this and no more leaks from this nappy with Ferg.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 12:19pm
We use them and love them- esp the new nappy pants :)

they're def our first choice in sposies when we're not using cloth!

escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 10:51am
Yup we've used them too. I found them really good. No problems with them at all.

Yang123888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yang123888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 2:04pm
Stay well away from this product. It leaks so easily and the design is so flawed. What's the point of being environmental friendly when it can't even function properly. We waste whole lot of time, water and electricity washing the wet clothes and bedding surely that's not very environmentally friendly. The 'normal' brands have much better design.

Overall, very very disappointed with the product and have asked them for a refund.

Avila150655 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avila150655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 5:56pm
Leaking!
expri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote expri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 8:30pm
I bought Huggies and Little Genie diapers for my newborn. Both brands cost the same, because Countdown was having a discount. I used the diapers for nights. My baby's skin responded much better to Little Genie's diapers... no redness. To prevent leakage, you have to make sure the frills at the side of the diapers are out and the size is correct. This time, I'm ordering a pack of four directly from their website, it cost much cheaper than buying from countdown :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>