FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 214>
Author
newbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:02pm
redtulip- sorry to hear of your employment situation, what very bad timing your boss has!

Most of my friends have had children, and most of my close friends know that i am pregnant. I think my husband and i have told about 10 people (not parents yet)... My main reason for telling a few, was incase i have a MC i have support of those around me.

Early days and early anxieties...

...One downside to knowing all my amazing mummy friends, is they have (unknowingly of course) made me more and more petrified of child birth.
Heres me thinking home birth blah blah blah, and they're telling me horrendous stories of excruciating pain. Even those who planned to have no pain relief ended up having an epi or a spinal block! Then theres the tearing and exhaustion ect

Not very comforting, and trying not to let it all put me off having a home birth (if possible). I know i need to trust my body knows what to do, but crikey i hope i can remain in a positive frame of mind with all the morbid chit chat...bless my gorgeous friends
Sponsored Links

AMummysLife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMummysLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:04pm
Hi ladies

Can I join in? Just found out I am 5.1 weeks along with baby #3
Miss Monkey - 12/12/2007
Master Monster - 06/12/2011
Miss Mouse - 22/03/2013
Angel baby - 09/2010

jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:26pm
Hi ladies, just found out I am 6 weeks the pregs with my 1st! 2 previous MCs so I'm pretty nervous but also excited.
so nice to see everyone chatting about their experiences :)

redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:48pm
Congrats safakiwi and jessicajanea... nice to have you here, the more the merrier!!
Thanks newbabe... the more I think about it the better I feel, was just a real shock... maybe it was time for a change anyway   
ETA... Go You considering homebirth, I'm too much of a scaredy cat - think i would just feel more secure at hospital - but think it's a lovely alternative to the 'ordinary'

Edited by redtulip
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
gretz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gretz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:52pm
Hey everyone.

Redtulip - Sorry to hear about the job. Thats bad timing and hard when it comes out of nowhere. Been there before.

Safakiwi and jessicajanea - welcome. The more the merrier.

Just got back from Doctors. DS has tonsilitus sp? So got some antibiotics. He had a hideous nights sleep last night the poor thing and that will be why.

DD started school today - She is 5! She absolutely loved her first day of school. She can't stop talking about all the fun things she got up to.

I think i spoke to soon the other day about the morning sickness thing. It hit full on last night and i can't eat anything without it coming straight back up. Not fun, but gives me piece of mind all is good.

Have scan tomorrow and am so excited. I will let you girls know how i get on tomorrow.

Better go and get kids ready for bed. Have a good night everyone.
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:54pm
Welcome SafaKiwi and Jessicajanea! Hope you are feeling well!

Redtulip, that really is bad time. Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise!

AFM; had my first bout of MS today, a guy walked into the shop having just had a cigarette and I tried my hardest not to barf. Grossest thing ever.

Also, my one friend that I have told pretty much spilt the beans today via email to our friends! It was a generic planning activity type of email, and she hit reply to all instead of just reply to me and mentioned it. Luckily we managed to play it down but HS I was PO!!
Had a little cry in the staff room coz I was so mad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMummysLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:57pm
Ick, MS, I'm not looking forward to getting that again. I'm usually good until week 9-10 though.

Thanks for the welcomes ladies.
Miss Monkey - 12/12/2007
Miss Mouse - 22/03/2013
Angel baby - 09/2010

redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:07pm
Thanks gretz and goodluck with your scan tomorrow Hope DS recovers soon. Sounds like DD is going to love school!

POok1e... As much as it was accidental its so disappointing when your news gets out. Hope your MS has calmed and you're feeling better.
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
eskimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:14pm
Hi all - thought I would join you, have been lurking for a week or so!

I'm only just pregnant, almost 5 weeks, in the Wellington area.

We had literally only been trying for a day when conception occurred - having been told by Drs it would likely take us 3 years to get pregnant I am freaking out a little bit - but of course really stoked too.

Am struggling with morning sickness already which makes me wonder a bit about my dates. Going for a dating scan but I didn't want to have it before 6 weeks because I heard you can't really see much and I would only worry if we don't see a heartbeat. I am feeling really anxious, even though this baby is a huge surprise, I want it so badly already. Strange how quickly the protective instincts kick in!

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all. And if any of you are in Wellington, I recommend finding a midwife early, I rang some last week and they were already booked for my due date
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:49pm
Congratulations eskimon!

Guest_78758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_78758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:53pm
Hi all I will jump in too. Not sure how far I am, could be 5-7 weeks or so.
I have a DD who will be 2 in Oct & still BF'ing her.
phantom_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:57pm
Just checking if my profile has changed, I am a member. Was a great outlet with no.1
phantom_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Guest_78758 Guest_78758 wrote:

Hi all I will jump in too. Not sure how far I am, could be 5-7 weeks or so.
I have a DD who will be 2 in Oct & still BF'ing her.

All sorted :) this is me.
Dream2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 9:26pm
Hi there, haven't logged on for a couple of weeks sorry, but it's great to see there's more babies due in March
I had my first scan/family photo taken today. 6wks 4 days I am. It was via an internal scan, which showed the babies heart beating...amazing at such an early stage. I'm due 6/3/13.

I'm pregnant via an unknown donor, so am doing the baby thing on my own, well not completely alone as I'll have lots of support from friends and family. It will be great to hear about all of your experiences as the time progresses.

The sickness still hasn't kicked in. I do feel a tad seedy when I get hungry, but that's about it; hopefully it doesn't get worse.

I've started talking to my tummy while driving in the car & singing my favourite songs to him/her! hmmm.... hopefully the little one doesn't jump out in 32 weeks and run a mile to get away from me! lol.

Chat soon!

Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 10:28pm
Welcome everyone new! Sorry I'm lame at remembering names..!!

Oh lame about the job redtulip! They didn't know you were UTD did they? Glad you're thinking positive :)

Aw newbabe, don't stress too much! At the end of the day, its your body, your baby and your labour!! I wanted to have a hopsital birth but without pain relief (only gas if needed) and no intervention, and that's what I got! (excpet for the induction blergh!). Even though heaps of people didn't believe I could do it.. I had a very strong Midwife who really understood me and didn't judge me at all for wanting to do what I wanted to do. In saying that, if things were to have gone downhill, she would of given me whatever :) So just relax, besides.. its AGES away! lol.. Although, first timers I do recommend going to ante-natal.. I know some people don't get alot out of it, but I really did, just in terms of undertsanding what was happening to me when I was in labour with DD!

Speaking of DD.. this is the 2nd night she's had without a night BF.. and OOWWW my boobs hurt! Hormones + extra milk, yelp! oh well, not for long. I'm planning on keeping it like this for a week and then dropping her morning feed so she's fully weaned. I actually don't mind BFing her (had terrible issues in the beginning though!) but I'm going away for a weekend in a couple of weeks time and DH is going to be looking after her. I'll be home to sleep but not in time to feed, so thought now was good a time as any! Plus, she started to play around a bit and pinch my boobs.. and thats no fun!

As for me, I don't really feel pregnant lol.. I'm not sick or very hungry, just really thirsty all the time. It kinda seems surreal atm! Have my first appt with the MW 30th July. (can someone add me to the list?) I phoned up to double check (she hadn't replied to my text) and the receptionist said 'oh yes, I remember you from last time! you little one isn't that old is she?' I have a feeling I'm going to get alot of that. (shes nearly 14 months so there'll be a 22 month gap which is average I would of thougt!)

Told my Mum the other day, she didn't sound very excited. I had a bit of a cry afterwards, but the MIL was over the moon so that was nice :)

Anyway better get to bed, sorry for the novel guys!!

Oh, this is going to sound really random but I was thinking about this today.. I just wanted to say.. if you need to go to the loo.. go to the looo! haha, the reason I say that is cos I'm a 'I'll go after this' person and with my first, I ended up with a bladder infection, which can be caused by holding on!! Its not a big deal, but it's such a pain in the bum to have to go allthe time! (had to go 3 times in 2 hours at playgroup today! everytime I came back DD was eating the craft supplies >.<)

Anyway, just thought I'ld share that gem.. LOL

Night ladies! FX for no morning sickness!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMummysLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 7:54am
Originally posted by eskimon eskimon wrote:

Hi all - thought I would join you, have been lurking for a week or so!

I'm only just pregnant, almost 5 weeks, in the Wellington area.

We had literally only been trying for a day when conception occurred - having been told by Drs it would likely take us 3 years to get pregnant I am freaking out a little bit - but of course really stoked too.

Am struggling with morning sickness already which makes me wonder a bit about my dates. Going for a dating scan but I didn't want to have it before 6 weeks because I heard you can't really see much and I would only worry if we don't see a heartbeat. I am feeling really anxious, even though this baby is a huge surprise, I want it so badly already. Strange how quickly the protective instincts kick in!

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all. And if any of you are in Wellington, I recommend finding a midwife early, I rang some last week and they were already booked for my due date

We'd only just started trying for ours as well. We were thinking it'll take until next year to conceive at least but it happened straight away.
Miss Monkey - 12/12/2007
Miss Mouse - 22/03/2013
Angel baby - 09/2010

newbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 8:22am
Eskimon- Nice to hear you had no trouble getting pregnant. I fortunately live in Lower Hutt, so finding a midwife doesn't seem to be an issue out here.

Drean2013- It is so nice to hear your lovely story! Im sure you will mke an amazing family.

Keolyn- Thanks for the positive vibes, im sure im not the only first timer with birthing nerves. I will make sure i dont set the plan in concrete, in my mind

Midwife appointment changed to friday now, so hopefully get a scan date... Off to the gold coast with hubby and step kids next week. We planned the trip before i got pregnant and sounds like i might be counted out of some of the more high octane rides, because of my condition. Bummer! Oh well will be a great way to spend my husbands 40th!

welcome to all new ladies. Have a great week
Jlass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 9:14am
Thought I'd pop in and say hi! I'm 5 weeks (first baby) and so excited! TTC for 3/12 - didn't think we'd make it last month as hubby went and broke his collarbone which changed logistics a bit! Excited to see the two pink lines on Saturday! Looking forward to sharing this time with you ladies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMummysLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 9:26am
Welcome Jlass.

Do we have a chart for our due dates etc?

ETA - never mind I found it

Edited by Safakiwi
Miss Monkey - 12/12/2007
Miss Mouse - 22/03/2013
Angel baby - 09/2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMummysLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 9:28am
Originally posted by waterbaby waterbaby wrote:

March 2nd - waterbaby
March 4th - newbabe
March 4th - megznz
March 5th - Eesti
March 7th - shakeybaby3
March 11th - maybebaby3
March 13th - POok1e
March 15th - Keolyn
March 17th - safakiwi
March 19th - redtulip
March 19th - dream2013

July 17th - Gretz
July 18th - hennypenney
July 20th - POok1e
July 20th - newbabe
July 25th - waterbaby

Simply click on "QUOTE" icon top right of this post and remove the [QUOTE] pieces from the front and end of your updated reply and add your details in or let me know your details and I can update Leave these instructions so newbies to our March group can also update.

Edited by Safakiwi
Miss Monkey - 12/12/2007
Miss Mouse - 22/03/2013
Angel baby - 09/2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 214>