FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sleep
    Posted: 29 June 2012 at 12:34pm
Im curious how other 3/4 year olds are sleeping

DD (3.5) has always been a bad sleeper but she wakes so many times a night. About 2-3 times before 10pm. Just wakes up crying, or wants water or to come into my bed

Then she might sleep talk and wake herself or sleep walk which does happen most nights. She will then snap out of it and get upset so i need to calm her

Depending how tired i am i let her into my bed or i keep putting her back to her bed which will go on ALL NIGHT, so neither of us get any sleep.

Are any other toddlers bad sleepers like this?

I guess i need some help how i can try get out of this cycle. Thanks :)
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 12:52pm
Cutting out cheese and bananas from DD's diet (as per a naturopath) improved the ammount of night wakings/restlessness when she was a similar age.
We got strict on the evening routinue so that she couldnt use needing to go loo/ have a drink etc as an excuse not to settle to sleep. We left a drink of water by her bed for a long time so that if she did need a drink she didnt have to come out for it. We also got one of those clocks that lights up when its ok for them to get up ( from the lseepstore) and started a star reward chart for staying in bed all night til the clock light went on,...with a small reward after about 5 good night.
Haveing siad that, it wasnt til she was 4 3/4 that she was reliably sleeping through every single night.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:36am
Great ideas to try Thanks Kellz
Rexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 6:03pm
My step son did the same thing nightly until about 2 months ago, when he was 3 years 8 months. Used to wake up screaming and crying and could take up to 3 hours to re-settle.

Since moving to a new house (old one was cold and damp) and sticking a heater in his room, as well as putting in a night light, he's started sleeping right through. We also started letting him stay up a little later, and that, with the extra energy being used up at daycare, seems to make all the difference. Occasionally he'll wake up crying, but I try and let him self soothe, and more often than not, he will whimper for a while and then go back to sleep.

If he gets up, we're really strict on not letting him into our bed, its straight back to his bed, though sometimes myself and my partner can be up for a good hour getting him back to sleep.

Does your daughter get nightmares or have any fears? Perhaps going to bed too early?

You're definitely not alone, and I hope you find a way out of the cycle!
 Post Reply Post Reply