FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss to help with pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
lightning8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightning8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:25am
Hi mums!

I am not sure if I can give help on this post. I actually loosing weight right now. I have 3 & 1.8 yo kidz. And just started realizing that I need to get back to my old size. To fit with my old jeans as I'm back to work full time.

Since I am not able to go to the gym, all I can do is some stretch up every morning. And I'm just taking up shakes to replace my 2 regular meals. And its really going well.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 7:35pm
Welcome to mumma2one, ooEvaoo and lightning8 I hope you are succuessful in your weight loss.

Sweets I'm not having a BT as my doc told me to wait a few more months.

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 6:16pm
I have lost 1kg in a week. Yah I feel really good though the first kilo is easy. I hope I can lose another kilo this week. 9 kilos to go.

How is everyone else going?

Mintyfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 12:35am
Hi everyone, I'm going to join in too

I am 102.5kg, started losing weight at 109kg and have a goal weight of 65kg (my current goal is 100kg)

I used to go to WW - I found it GREAT, but then sadly my leader was forced into an early retirement, and then WW started closing clubs on the east side of Christchurch so I do it online now.

I do Zumba twice a week, walk 5km twice a week at least, and also try to ski once a week.

I am cutting out refined sugars, processed food, takeaways, and I have quite smoking about 3 months ago. I don't really drink

We have had some trouble TTC (13 months now) so I am on Progesterone pessaries (starting at ov this cycle) thyroxin, pregnancy multivit, vitex, high dose folic acid, iron, and a vitamin 6 complex.

Cannot wait for some of this horrid weight to start falling off again - it has been a long 7 months and only 6.5kg is a little depressing
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:45am

Hi Minty fresh and welcome. Awsome work so far, Skiing once a week is so cool! Cant do that up here in Northland that is for sure :)

Blondie23, well done!! That is an awesome loss.

I didn't weigh this morning but I didn't really put in any effort last week so this week is hopefully a goer. I do need to confess. I woke up this morning at 5am absolutly starving and ended up dropping DP off at work and getting myself some maccas. The other alternitive was cooking chicken, broccoli and potato which is what I woke up thinking about. Weirdo!

PS welcome lightning8

PPS - Weve decided to start trying this coming month (waiting for AF to start) but I'm still going to try and lose weight all the meanwhile

Edited by sweets
ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 11:47pm
So my focus is to get under 100kg....and then I' won't mind if we get preggers, and i'll just keep the weight loss going (well hopefully if the body co-operates!) for how ever long it takes. So 13.8kg to go!

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 4:49pm
Welcome minty fresh I hope your weight loss journey is going well.

This week has been hard for me as I'm working quite long hours and not getting time to eat lunch and needing to get takeaways for dinner.

Hope it gets better.

Good luck everyone

Mintyfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by blondie23 blondie23 wrote:

Welcome minty fresh I hope your weight loss journey is going well.

This week has been hard for me as I'm working quite long hours and not getting time to eat lunch and needing to get takeaways for dinner.

Hope it gets better.

Good luck everyone

Oh gosh, same same! We have had takeaways twice this week, but I had good intentions for the rest if the week.

Good luck with the rest of your week :)

I generally work long hours every week, and this week I also had an application for a different position, organizing a work baby shower (and related knitting) to contend with. I am so tired, and worried that the ski season is going to be a short one.

Zumba was great tonight though, and I think I have found a new WW meeting to join.
Amour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:14am
Hello ladies :) If I could just jump in here.

My partner and I have been together just over 6 years now and for the last two we have been trying for a baby.

I am over weight and have joined gym's, bought zumba, eat well and still, no good results in my efforts. My neighbour is a great influence with excercise and that I am greatful.

I have been to my DR several times and main issue is my weight. I have enquired about endometriosis etc but I don't have it. Also my menstral cycle can be absolutely mental some months causing me concern. My partner is willing to get a sperm test done to make sure it's not him. And believe me when I say he is not that type of man but will do it to help us get our goal.

I know it's no excuse but I have seen larger ladies than myself easily fall pregnant and I always wonder if I am just not meant to be a mother. I adore kids, have worked along side them and always put my hand up for babysitting for friends.

If there is any-one out here that can give me other options as to what else can help that is "low cost" I would truely be forever greatful. xxoo

Edited by Amour
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:35am
Welcome Amour. To help me with my weight loss I using My fitness friend.It's free online and you can get an app if you have a smart phone. It count's calories and it is really helping me on my weight loss goal.

I had been trying to lose weight all year as we have be trying since December and it wasn't until FA told me that I needed to lose weight that it started to come off??? Mind over matter maybe. Keep trying hopefully you will see some results soon. Keep us updated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightning8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:25am
Hi all! And hi amour,

In addition to your zumba or any exercise you can try also the one im taking right now. I'm taking two formula shakes to replace my 2 regular meals and 3 times multivitamins. Obviously one of the great factor for us to lose weight is to reduce the food we are taking, and replace it with minerals and vitamins.

The program im taking is not expensive less than $4 per meal cheaper than my regular meal :). You can pm me if you want to know more about it. They are actually giving free samples to start with. So that you'll know if this gonna work for you or not. :)
Amour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:52am
Blondie23 and Lightning8 thank you.

I will download that My fitness to my phone and yes it deffinately is mind over matter. I will keep you all updated on any new outcomes and ventures I come across.

xxoo
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:37pm
Sorry just reread it's my fitness pal. So tired at present probably go to bed before 8.
Good luck amour

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:09pm
Well even after a bad week I have lost another 1kg. That's 2kgs in 2 weeks. This is really good I hope I can continue with this. Only 8kgs to go.

How are the rest of you going?

sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:42pm
That is awesome Blondie23!! Keep it up and you will be there in no time.

I had a bfp this am, need to confirm at dr etc as I dont really believe until its confirmed. I am still going to try and eat healthy and get 30 mins of exercise in a day so hopefully I'll drop a few kilos naturally before I start gaining.

Welcome Amour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightning8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2012 at 1:48pm
So trilled!!! I had my first weigh after doing the diet I loss 2 kilos in a week!!!! So gratefull! :) oh cant wait for another week or two the goal is to lose 5 kls in a month. :)
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2012 at 5:33pm
Congrats sweets pleased you didn't need to lose weight to convice.

Well done lightning8 that's fantastic. You'll make your goal in no time.

VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:53am
Hi all!

I'd like to join in here, have gained quite a bit of weight back of the 25 kg I lost last year so am over the weight I need to be for IVF.
First week back at the weight loss and Have already lost 3.5kg so am stoked with that... got 8.4kg to go!
Formerly Wishin41
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:06am
Fantastic VioletStar. You are doing really well. My weight loss is slow and steady but it keeps coming off which I'm hapy about. So far I've loat 2.3kg in 2 weeks so thats good for me. Just 7.7kg to go.
Good luck

VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:49pm
That's awesome Blondie!
I always have big losses for the first week or two then it gets less and I really have to crank up the exercise to keep it coming.

Good luck!
Formerly Wishin41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>