FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked15month old has become a fussy eater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15month old has become a fussy eater
    Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:01pm
Hello everyone,

Our 15 month old son was a great little eater and enjoyed a wide range of foods until recently.
Now when we serve up his food, he either plays in it or drops it on the floor. When we take him out of his chair he walks to the pantry cupboard and demands raisins and rice crackers only :)If we are lucky he will eat frozen peas and sweetcorn.
We aren't stressed about it however I just wanted comments from others who are going through the same thing with their gorgeous little monkeys!
Sponsored Links

rachaels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:25pm
I hear you. It started around the same age with us, and quickly progressed to throwing food at the walls/floor/across the room/at us.

He is now 23 months and we are slowly getting there. My main tips are continue offering everything you normally would, even when he throws it away - eventually he will get the idea that this is what there is to eat and if he doesn't eat it he will be hungry.

If he has thrown his meal on the floor, then gets down from his chair and wants crackers - tough bickies! He needs to learn to eat what is in front of him not just what tastes good! Great that he is still eating some veggies - have you tried offering raw veggies? My son seems much more likely to eat his veggies raw for some reason.

We have also been really encouraging him to eat with his own spoon (have two, one for you and one for him) and make a massive deal of it when he gets stuff on the spoon and into his mouth. By big deal I mean I do a "YAY" dance with my arms up in the air and turn in a circle and he thinks it's hilarious so eats another spoonful to watch me do it again.

Still, I sadly look at the floor after every meal and think "what a waste" - it seems like 90% of the meal still ends up in the bin not in the child. He doesn't know how lucky he is just to have food every day, when so many kids don't! Hang in there!
 Post Reply Post Reply