FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked20 month unsettled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thmprs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 month unsettled
    Posted: 11 October 2012 at 8:54pm
DS is 20 months old & use to be such a good sleeper. We have taken his side of the cot & at first he would take awhile to go to sleep but lately he will go to sleep ok at bedtime. But then now wakes in the night & wont go back to bed unless it is with us.

Last night he cried it out standing at the door for 90 min before laying down on the floor. Tonight he wouldnt go to bed just cries & got to the point he was sobbing from working himself up so much.

Tried giving him water & half a banana which he ate. He is also quite clingy when I get home from work & wants to be picked up all the time.

Do they have a growth spurt around this time??

<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">[IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/ue02p12.png" /
Sponsored Links

ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 1:27pm
I was told that around that age they often get a hormone surge- we certainly noticed a change on our boy a few months ago. Could be related?

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 4:02pm
I think it is an age/phase. My girls became very hard to settle, up & down half the night and clingy about the same age. It's taken until recently (they are 27 months) for things to settle and sleeping to improve and I've heard lots of similar stories from mum's of toddlers the same age.
 Post Reply Post Reply