FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFirst Time Birth Study

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Time Birth Study View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First Time Birth Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Time Birth Study
    Posted: 20 October 2012 at 3:29pm
Hi there everyone.
Congratulations to all newly expectant mums and dads! The OHbaby Team have kindly allowed me to post here to ask for your help with a study I am conducting. I am looking for couples who are expecting their first baby to complete 4 short questionnaires at different stages of your pregnancy and after your baby has arrived. By being part of the study you will receive a welcome to the study and a welcome to Baby gift and be entered into 4 draws for larger prizes. We are also holding smaller extra draws for participants once their baby is born.

My study is looking at how prepared first time parents feel they are for labour and giving birth, and how this contributes towards their sense of birth satisfaction (for partners as well as mums!). Too often Dads are not given an opportunity to talk about their needs too, and the First Time Birth Study Team wants to rectify that. I am also looking at how both parents feel about being a family for the first 6 months after their baby is born.

So if you are less than 24 weeks gestation and resident in NZ, please check out our website to see if you are eligible to take part:

http://firsttimebirth.co.nz/information-sheet/

I have already posted about this study in some forums, so I apologize if you have seen this message before. Thanks so much, and regardless of whether you join the study or not, I wish you all the very best for your labour and birth.
Anne Howarth
University of Otago
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First Time Birth Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 5:43pm
Wishing everyone a very very happy and successful New Year. Congratulations to everyone who gave birth for the first time in 2012 and got to share their first Christmas as a new family. I hope you and all other families had a wonderful Christmas.

We are still recruiting for the first time birth study so if you are less than 24 weeks pregnant and think you might be interested you can check us out at:

www.firsttimebirth.co.nz

or contact me through the website or email me directly at:

anne@firsttimebirth.co.nz

Wishing you all a great pregnancy and an amazing birth experience

Anne Howarth
University of Otago

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First Time Birth Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 9:00am
Saying thank you is very important. To say thank you to all our study participants everyone who takes part gets a welcome to the study gift with the first questionnaire and a welcome to baby gift once Baby is born. We are also holding 4 draws at the conclusion of the study and we have been holding lots of little draws over the last few months. At the moment we have a Winnie the Pooh changing colour night light up for grabs. To enter all you have to do is be enrolled in the study. If you meet our eligibility criteria we would love to have you participate. If you are interested or know someone else who may be interested please check out our website:

www.firsttimebirth.co.nz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First Time Birth Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 7:46am
Thank you, thank you to all you amazing people who have signed up for this study. The study is now CLOSED to new participants. However if you would like to know more about what we find please email me at: anne@firsttimebirth.co.nz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote First Time Birth Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 7:48am
Thank you, thank you to OHbaby for the wonderful support they have given to my recruitment efforts
 Post Reply Post Reply