FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIUI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mrs Impatient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IUI
    Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:50pm
Hi Everyone
Would love to hear from anyone who has been through a IUI, what is involved?
We have an appointment on Friday with FA to discuss starting a round of IUI
Anyone going through a round or success with a round of IUI, would love to hear from you

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP
Sponsored Links

Nats-mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nats-mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 9:37pm
Hi Mrs Impatient, I was successful after 4 rounds of IUI in 2011. I was with Repromed in Christchurch and taking 100mg of clomid at the time (although it was male factor I decided to take clomid as it couldn't hurt to help the chances of success!). On the final IUI round, we chose to have the procedure mid afternoon as the previous 3 had been in the morning of the positive ovulation test and we wanted to see if a change in time would help.
IUI itself is straight forward, a catheter needle places the swimmers as close to the egg as can be and then hopefully fertilisation happens. The fourth time I had it done I cramped a lot while the procedure was happening and the times before that had been pain free so I think the cramping was a good thing!
Best of luck to you, my daughter is now 6 months old
frankie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 9:50pm
Hey there, we TTC'd for 18 mths unsuccessfully then did 3 rounds of clomid, no luck. I had an HSG and the following month we tried IUI, got pregnant with DD1 first try! I didn't find it painful at all, a little uncomfortable but much like a smear really. Good luck :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 6:03pm
That's great girls, so glad you were both successful
Thanks for responding
I am going to FA on Friday to discuss the past course of action to take now IUI or IVF

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 1:59pm
Had a scan today thinking I would be ovulating tomorrow. Folices weren't big enough and have to go back for a second scan on Tuesday. I think they said there was one that was 13mm, one 10mm and 2 9mm. Any help/advice about what this means would be great.

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply