FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome to July 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author
Zoeysmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoeysmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 5:42pm
Welcome Reili! congrats to you! :) Definately 1st time mum 2 B, helps to compare etc!
Thanks Nikkie, really good to know...today hasn't been such a good day, I had extreme cramps this afternoon, really sharp stabbing ones that felt worse on my right side and very low in my pelvis...I had to go home from work and went to the doctor. she said good no bleeding but to go up to emergency if so or if gets more excrutiating, she has got me in for a scan next week on Tuesday, I will be just over 9 weeks then. Fingers xd everythings ok.. Just trying to take it easy!
Sponsored Links

Reili View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 6:23pm
Thanks 1st time mum and Anna! :)
Anna, that sounds bad, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be alright. Did you tell your boss what was happening?
Has anyone told their bosses already? I don't want to yet, but I guess they need to know at some stage. Next week will be the first time I'll have to make an excuse to see the doctor during work hours, guess that won't go down too well in the long run!
chchjem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chchjem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 6:58pm
Hi Reili, I am six weeks now and I am planning to tell my boss in the New Year, just need to make it through 3 more weeks of work then it is Christmas so hopefully can keep the secret. My co-workers must think I am a glutton with all the constant snacking but no one has said anything. Hopefully I don't look too pale or green at the moment!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoeysmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 7:57am
I told my boss a few days after I found out I was preg. ! I had been away for two days and she asked if I was alright etc., I also just wanted someone at work to know, she was amazing about it (have only been there just over 2 months!!), said any time I need off (doctors, scans etc) to go for it. I was esp. glad she knew yesterday when I had to rush off to doctor with my sharp cramps. I have read about sharp cramps being a bit common around this stage so just trying to not think too much into it and just take it day by day, I do feel like my pregnancy has taken a new 'course' and diff. things are happening now, noticed need to go to the toilet more, breasts growing more, and now more cramps, so maybe just because baby is growing a lot!! Looking forward to my scan on Tuesday :)
Casey_Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Casey_Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 12:17pm
Hi Anna, i'm in the same boat with cramps I have had them for about the last 4 days. I went to the doctor yesterday as I was really worried as I had a miscarriage a few months back. Like you my doctor said if there is no bleeding then that's a good thing. She took bloods and has contacted the hospital to get me an early scan. When I miscarried last time I started bleeding before any cramping. I think keeping positive and taking it easy if the key for sure.
I told my bosses pretty much straight away as I have a physical job. They were very understanding.
Welcome to all the new members :)
EmmaF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 12:49pm
Hi all. As those of you from the FB group will know, I had a missed miscarriage this week. Went for my scan and was told there was no heartbeat and the baby had probably died a couple of weeks ago. My body still thought it was pregnant though. So went to hospital on Friday and had an ERPOC. Ended up getting quite sick afterwards and staying overnight. Home now and being looked after by my parents and husband. Given my little boy lots of cuddles. Coming to terms with the whole thing. Going to plant a tree on our property in memory. Wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. So as I'm no longer pregnant, I'm going to drop out of this group. I wish you all the best in your pregnancies. We will be trying again soon and hopefully the next one will stick. So goodbye to you all. You will find this group to be an excellent support system I hope, just as I have found my December 2011 group to be. So goodbye and best wishes. xxxxx
jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 1:30pm
Wahooooooo I have been trying to repost in here for ages now but it wouldn't let me grrrrrrrrr. I had a dating scan on monday and beanie is due on the 9th :)
jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 1:34pm
Ohhh EmmaF Im sooo sorry M/C really suck Im glad your able to give your lil man lots of hugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoeysmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 3:11pm
Soo sorry to hear Emma xxx
Casey_Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casey_Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 6:34pm
Sorry to hear Emma xxx keep positive for next time
homefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 8:38pm
Hi 1st time mum 2 B, I am too! and I am due on the 16th of July. I had a hard week not telling everyone last week at work -- but with the terrible nausea I was sure I wouldn't be able to avoid it! Like you, I've been suffering from nausea but no actual throwing up yet. I've been there a year and my boss made a comment not long ago about hoping that I have kids as I'll be a great mum. As far as everything else, I got told that nothing is like the tiredness of early pregnancy and I'm willing to believe it-- far out!
gsbuni12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsbuni12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 7:22am
morning ladies, YAAY 6 week mark. feeling alot better at 6 weeks this time than last time. (by 6 weeks last time id had spotting alot) had a couple of nauseous days and feeling tired as hell and sore boobs still. off for dating scan thursday to check everythings ok (last preg was blighted ovum.) nervous but excited, just want it to hurry up!!
HelzBelz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelzBelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 11:46am
Hi everyone.
Im very new to this forum thing so forgive me if i dont get it right. Expecting baby no2 around the 27th July. my son has just turned one...feeling ok, wee bit sick but not throwing up! Felt fine throughout last pregnancy and had a boy. any theories on whether morning sickness=more likely to be a girl? probably just an old wives tale!
jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 12:15pm
I think when it come to the sex of the baby and morning sickness you cant really tell either way every woman is different and every pregnancy is different, in saying that by observing others and I think my midwife told me last time when it comes to your 2nd baby if symptoms are way different than last time then you could have the other sex if that makes any sense??? So if last time you had next to no throwing up, was super tired and had alot of pimples and had a lets say a girl.... if this time your throwning up constantly and have no pimples then it could be a boy.

i have had next to no sleep due to being in A&E all night with my lil miss so please forgive me if I have made no sense at all and if it looks like im speaking in some foreign language hahaha

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
1st time mum 2 B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st time mum 2 B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 1:28pm
EmmaF, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must be for you x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st time mum 2 B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 1:35pm
Hi Homefish! Congratulations :) I am finding it very hard not to tell people at work also. My job can be quite full on and I get VERY tired and am having realt trouble with eating. Is anyone else having problems finding foods they want to eat?! Usually I can eat anything and everything but at the moment I am really finding it hard. I am really only eating a big lunch and dinner as I can't find much I want to snack on. Takeaways seem to be the onlt thing I want to eat and being gluten free that is proving slightly difficult! I am going to wait until the first day back next year to tell work as this is a new business and I know that my eventual leaving is going to cause some upset and I don't want the owner here to worry about it over their Christmas break. I can't wait to get to christmas to tell everyone! My partners best friend and his wife who I am quite close with had a baby 3 weeks and ago today and I would to be able to talk to her about it! My partners sister is also pregnant - only 10 weeks ahead of her so I can't wait to be able to talk to her too!! As least I have you guys! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st time mum 2 B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 1:36pm
10 weeks BEHIND her sorry!
homefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 6:44pm
Hi again, 1st time mum 2 b, i am also gluten free and really missing crusty soft white bread right now. Bread seems to be al i can manage in the mornings without feeling too bad to get to work, the vogels gluten free white bread is doing ok as a sub- for now!
So my doctor seemed really casual about the foods to avoid when pregnant- his mum ate everything, and he turned out fine. I've literally been too busy at work to go MW hunting yet, so community, how strictly are you sticking to the list? I'm pretty careful anyway because of the gluten thing... But still found the Drs attitude strange. Is that just me?
homefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 6:50pm
Hey M, that is super exciting! Well done! I was so light headed and dizzy that i barely made it through my blood test. So little blood though, that it clotted immediately and i had to go back the next week. (on second thoughts, perhaps driving myself was a least brilliant idea!) Thankfully all good in terms of flow second time around.
Fins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 7:31pm
Hey, I'm GF as well and finding rice cruskits with vegemite the perfect snack at the moment! Also finding that keeping food by the bed is working wonders, I had a bobby banana at 3.30am this morning but woke up at 7 feeling much better than usual! "eat before your feet hit the floor" is the best advice I've had so far!

Met a midwife today that reminded me far too much of my mother in law, so I think I'll keep looking. Feel a bit bad, but I just can't do it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>