FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked15 month imms - egg allergy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mamawills18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamawills18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15 month imms - egg allergy
    Posted: 10 January 2013 at 2:18pm
At our last plunket visit I was told to try my now nearly 14 month old on egg as the 15 month imms has egg protein in it. Last Friday I tried him on egg and he had a reaction of hives and very itchy eyes and had to go to the doctors to get anti histamines , I asked about the imms and the nurse said that they would just keep an eye on him and if he has another reaction they would treat him again. He only had a very small amount of egg if any so I am worried that he may get a bigger reaction as he would be having more egg in the vaccine. Has anyone else gone through the 15 month imms with an egg allergy? Did it turn out OK? I am a bit worried!
Sponsored Links

Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 5:59pm
I'm pretty sure that they can get that immunisation in an egg free variety? Worth asking them if it is possible at least?

ETA: I think I would ask the Dr his/her opinion and if I was still uncomfortable I think I'd not have the vaccination until I was.

Edited by Stoked - 10 January 2013 at 6:03pm
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 6:59pm
when we had our 15 months just before christmas the nurse actually asked if he had an egg allergy before giving him the jabs - I think it's the measles one that has the egg trace. We didn't have the allergy, but I'd ring the doctors and ask about it
 Post Reply Post Reply