FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHealthy Weight loss while TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>
Author
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 5:45pm
Good to know it is not just me - thanks Tan!!
Sponsored Links

Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 10:15pm
Hey Everyone, Was doing really well before the weekend, lost about a kilo, I weigh every day so can track it. but have my brother and SIL staying at the moment so we have been out for dinner and stuff.. havent weighed this weekend.. hopefully havent put much back on..
Good luck everyone.

What does everyone do for exercise?
Angel Baby Nov '13
BFP Dec '13 DD1 born July 2014 at 35 weeks

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 10:19pm
You should be fine. I weigh daily too - helps motivation I think.

Normal week I try to swim two lunch times (20 lengths), run once (5km) and a gym session. This week I did change it up and ran the dog 4 mornings for 30mins.   Plus general walking car to work and stairs. I work on the 7th floor so that is a good way to get the heart rate up!!
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 10:36pm
Thats good icecream! I work on 7th floor too! Should take stairs more!! on a normal week I swim two night, 40 lengths of 33m, I run twice in the morning 15 minutes at 7km per hour, plus a couple of minutes walk at start and end. and I walk 15 min each way as part of trip to work every day. weekends I try to walk or bike. for at least 40 minutes. but that hasnt been happening much with winter
Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 6:48pm
Hey How is everyone going on here? One of my best guy friends at work gave me some work outs to do, Abs, Legs and arms. they are nice short but pretty intense work out so going to try and do 1-2 of them every day. Abs every day and arms and leg alternating hopefully once i get into it.
Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
Fingersxd4#2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 6:58pm
I havent read back, but what is everyone doing?
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Dec 11 - Found out I was UTD
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
May 14 - Early Miscarriage from final round of 50mg Clomid
Dec 14 - Miscarriage at 8.5weeks from 100mg Clomid
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 7:09pm
I am running two days a week - Tuesdays (always really good) and Fridays (havent actually run on fridays for a long time) I aqua jog on wednesday nights (this is my social exercise time) and Mondays and Thursdays I get off the train a stop early or late and walk home. I am doing the strength stuff noted above hopefully twice a day, just started tonight with an ab workout and they are sore now. Also doing exercise on the weekends, including gardening tomorrow and bike rides with DP when its nice. 

My problem is the eating side of it, its tends to get away on me sometimes so need to keep it in check.
Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 7:12pm
Do you use myfitnesspal to log your food?
I found that really controls it
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 7:14pm
I did for awhile but I'm really bad at if I'm not meant to eat it then I dont log it and then it didnt happen Smile
I dont really find logging helps much other than making me think about food ALL DAY
Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 7:30pm
Hi :)

I was using MFP for a bit but found it a bit much and easy to get to obsessed over everything you eat. My DP and I are looking at dog breeds at moment so that will certainly help with motivation!

I started going hard out at the gym over a year back and unfortunately made myself ill (including bronchitis, whooping cough, tonsillitis) a wee while later when I saw a natural health lady I discovered my body can't handle high intensity exercise! So I ended up avoiding it as I was so sick of getting sick. Now my health is getting back on track I'm torn over going back to the gym or not!

Oops novel!
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 7:33pm
Thats good sara. Good you saw someone. There is plenty of low intensity exercise that you can do - Swimming walking etc. 

DP and I are looking at getting a puppy or two over christmas (I get 4 weeks off work)  so that will be great motivation.
Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 7:37pm
Yeah turns out my poor bod was in a bit of a state!! I think swimming is great, should get back into that and walking

And puppies - exciting!
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2013 at 10:40am
Hey everyone, a couple of ladies from TWW thread asked me how Ive done my weightloss journey.. Unfortuantely there arent any quick tips, I havent done it with any support groups, My mum was on weight watchers when I first starts so I stuck the to theory a little but Ive mostly done it on my own.

Two years ago If you had met me I would have adamantly told you that I DO NOT RUN!! I could barley walk 20 minutes from my office to the client with being out of breath. Now I run 15minutes twice a week on a treadmill and I am frequently hassled at the office for walking too fast.

I can give you some key things, but the actual journey will always be unique to you. but these are the things that I have learnt
You have to do it for you, I have been overweight my whole life and my parents have frequently pushed me to lose weight but until I got to the point where I decided that I needed to do it for My health it never stuck.
a bad day is not the end of the world. Tomorrow is always a new day. You will put weight on some days. It is ok. Tomorrow is a new day.
This cannot be a diet. If you want to keep the weight off this has to be a lifestyle change. You need to be able to stick to these changes for the rest of your life, so make the changes small. things that you can keep doing. Some easy things are walking - get off the bus or train (in my case) a stop early and walk home, next week another stop. Serve your meals on a bread and butter plate instead of a dinner plate. you will be surprised how much easier it is to keep your meals small. DRINK WATER!! Think you are hungry? Have a glass of water, and wait 20 minutes. If you are still hungry and its not a meal time have something small and healthy. 
It takes your brain 20 minutes to register that you are full, so whenever you are thinking about eating wait 20 minutes. especially before having seconds or dessert after dinner. 
Being thirsty is often confused with Hunger. If you think you are hungry drink water, I have a 500ml drink bottle and I empty that and then wait 20 minutes if I am still hungry then its ok for me to eat something.
With exercise start small, increase in small amounts. make sure you can keep it up. do things that you enjoy. I swim, kayak and bike because I enjoy being outside and in the water. I run because its high intensity, it clears my head and its my thinking space. I dont love doing it but I dont hate it either.
Do one thing every day.This is most important when you are starting out. if you can do one thing each day that is an improvement from yesterday then that helps you feel like you are achieving things.
make sure you take measurements as well as weighing. I often plateau.. for decent periods of time, have been sitting at this weight for a good 3-4 months, but my body is still changing shape. so you might not be losing weight but you can still be getting smaller.
Once you get into it, or even from the start if you are keen, do some toning exercises, this will help with the weight loss as well as help everything stay where its supposed to as you lose weight.
But most of all you have to be able to enjoy life while you are doing this. Have that piece of chocolate, or that glass of wine. Tomorrow you can walk an extra 10-15 minutes. Dont put your life on hold for this. you have to enjoy yourself.

That is all I can think of at the moment, but please if you have any questions then let me know,I am more than happy to help anyone as much as I can. I am by no definition of the word perfect. I still eat chocolate like they might stop making it tomorrow. I drink wine, I go out for dinner. What ever you do has to work for you, and that is all that matters, if that is weight watchers or jenny craig then do that. What works for me may not work for you, you probably dont have a treadmill in your lounge. and what ever works for you may not work for me.
please ask any questions you like And good luck to everyone for their weightloss journeySmile

Also.. sorry for the novel..

Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2013 at 11:49am
That's great lease well done. I lost 20kgs with weight watchers. I then went overseas and enjoyed all the great food and gained some back on. This time I went to sees dietician and have lost most of it again. You are right it's a life style choice not a diet. For me I can't have too many carbs as I'm insulin resistant (due to PCOS) and it just goes straight to sugar/fat. I have chocolate dark is better but if I want something else I'll have it. It's all in moderation. My dietician said not to exclude things from your diet but limit some things. :-)

Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2013 at 2:00pm
Great posts!!
I am no fitness freak but running is good. I have never run more than 5k but any run is a run! Having the fur baby helps as he needs walked and we can cover a bit more ground if I run (okay so it is a steady slow jog!)

It is the small things too and just being a bit more active. At least the time of year is in our favour now.

Just bought a flash new bike so have to use it a lot!!
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2013 at 10:58pm
Just popping in to say great Lease!
I am trying to lost about 8 kilos total. I am not overweight... but borderline now and never used to be. Would like to get back to the size I was a couple of years ago. HAve so far managed to lost 3 kilos and have kept it off.... for 5 weeks or so now. I had to stop when I got my BFP a few months ago but as I m/ced I have started again and want to try and lose a few more kilos before I get my next BFP!
I have started taking the fur babies somewhere every day. I either powerwalk for 1-2 hours... or I go for a run for at least 30-40 minutes. And I have replaced my breakfast with a healthy smoothie. I find it gives me al ot more energy than the muesli I used to have and it's delicious!! I must add that as I live in the tropics I am spoiled for choice on fruit to put in at any time of year! At the moment it's papaya.... yum.

Sorry I always end up writing a novel!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
luckystar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2013 at 11:14pm
Wow Lease good on you! You're so right with all those tips. I can definitely do better with the water and with serving meals onto a bread and butter plate. I think that a lot of my problem comes from eating out of boredom and stress, rather than because of actual hunger! Thanks for sharing your experience :)
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 9:51am
Thats for the support everyone.
Lucky - I'm a boredom eater too! something chronic. So I try and make sure I have a drink, try and make it water but we have soda stream too. and that I have something to do with my hands that helps
Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 9:52am
I don't drink water I have no idea why.

Do any of you do sit ups, burppes etc?
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 12:49pm
I dont do sit ups because they arent very productive and my god do I hate burpees. But I do other exercises of a similar idea. At the moment I am doing 3 strength training sessions, they are nice a quick I'll details them.

Abs:
Leg Raise and Hold - Lye on your back hands under you bum palms down, life legs 6inches off the floor and hold for 20 seconds
Flutter kicks - Same position lift one leg and lower, but not right to the ground, then lift other leg and lower, repeat for 20 seconds.
Leg raises - Same position raise legs til vertical then lower not quite to floor repeat for 20 seconds.  keep legs straight, slow = hard
Bicycle crunches - Lye on floor legs bent, feet flat on floor. Arms bent and hands behind head. Raise upper body to connect elbow to opposite knee can raise legs too. then swap sides, repeat for 20 seconds
Plank - Lie face down, toes on floor, elbows under chest keep back flat. hold 20 seconds.
Have a one minute rest and then repeat the cycle. only need to do 2 cycles.

Arms
Push ups - 2 sets of 10 with a 1 minute rest
Tricep Dips - 2 sets of 10 with a 1 minute rest
Inverted Row - 2 sets of 10 with a 1 minute rest
Arm circles - forwards until failure, then back til failure, rest 1 minute, backwards til failure and then forwards til failure.

Legs
One legged squats - 2 sets of 10 for each side no rest
Wall sit - 3 sets of 2 minutes with 1 minute rest
Calf lift and lower - 3 sets of 3 minutes with 1 minute rest.

These are goals so if you cant do 10 push ups the just do what you can and note it down and watch yourself improve. If too easy reduce rest time or add weights where you can. If just trying to lose weight and tone then want to do low weight or body weight exercises and lots of them vs body building which is really heavy weights with only a couple of reps.

Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>