FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPost Natal Mood and Exercise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClareKinsell131467 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClareKinsell131467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Natal Mood and Exercise
    Posted: 21 October 2013 at 1:36pm
Does light exercise have an effect on postnatal mood?

Im doing my Masters thesis (Massey University Auckland) on this topic and am looking for NZ women who have had their fist baby within the last 3 to 18 months to be involved in my research.

I will be giving you a 12 week plan where you will either walk (with or without your baby, its up to you) or follow a stretching regime, 3 times a week on whatever days suit you.

It would be fantastic to have as many women as possible involved. I think its a really worthwhile piece of research.

Everyone who takes part will receive a $20 supermarket voucher in appreciation... I will also provide you with a summary of the results at the end of the study.

You can begin today - Please go to the Massey research website and follow the links...

psych-research.massey.ac.nz.

Thank you !
Sponsored Links

kaprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 11:13am
I would have loved to participate, but this is my third baby, so that seems to rule me out. All the best for your research though! PND is such an important area to understand more about, and to support women who are struggling with it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClareKinsell131467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2013 at 4:20pm
Thanks for your message! Finding it hard to get participants, so heres hoping for the next month or so. Yes it will be an interesting study - Im really looking forward to getting into it. Thanks, Clare.
Tracy136649 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy136649 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2014 at 1:06pm
Have you finished the study and have results?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClareKinsell131467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2014 at 2:36pm
Hi thanks for you message.. no I'm still recruiting actually- up to the end of Feb. Results will come through from March onwards, and will publish results in June. Will post a summary here when I'm all done.

Ive actually opened up the pool to participants with any number of children, so if you (or anyone else) is keen to be involved - we'd love to have you on board.

The link to the website where you can join the program is below. Just click the Next button at the bottom of the page to take you through.

Feel free to get in touch via email at ce.kinsella@gmail.com   

https://qasiasingleuser.asia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5na84cFdkLhtAZ7

Clare
 Post Reply Post Reply