FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF & Multiples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wanting1more View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanting1more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF & Multiples
    Posted: 02 December 2013 at 3:15pm
What are the chances of having a multiple pregnancy when doing IVF?

Do they have rules on how many embryos you can have placed back in?

Is it based on age?

I have had my first appointment, and been granted a government funded IVF cycle.
I know it will be a while before it will be our turn.
So for now I am just researching :)
Sponsored Links

brownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 3:25pm
I think they generally put one embryo back in. Although it depends on your AMH level, your reason of infertility and age...

:)
PCOS, 5 rounds of Clomid. 1 round of Letrozole 5mg & metformin
Puregon injections Aug & sep 2013
March 2013 Angel Baby
TTC #1 for 18Months+
IVF early 2014
When is it going to happen for us?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanting1more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 9:23pm
Thanks Brownie

Our only issue is low sperm count.
I am 39 and have had a baby before, all my tests have come back as my fertility is fine.

What are the chances of getting pregnant with twins or more by doing IVF?
Mrs Impatient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 8:05am
Hi Wanting1more
In NZ they only transfer one or maximum two embryos for IVF. Because you are over 35, you can choose to have one or two tranferred but it also depends on the quality of the embryo
I am currently doing IVF and we have agreed that if the quality isn't that good that we will transfer 2 otherwise if good quality just 1

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanting1more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 1:51pm
Thanks Mrs Impatient.
Will have my fingers crossed that you get your sticky jelly bean this cycle :)

How long did you have to wait, from the time you had been told you had been granted a government funded cycle and when you actually got to start?
Mrs Impatient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 3:29pm
Unfortunately no government funding for me. We have had all the tests and they can't find anything wrong so I would have to wait until we had been trying for 5 years before I could qualify and I would also need to loose some weight

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanting1more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 6:35pm
Well good luck with you cycle Mrs Impatient :)
 Post Reply Post Reply