FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorking during IVF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working during IVF
    Posted: 03 January 2014 at 6:24pm
A question for those who have been there and done it. Just reading our orientation booklet (orientation appointments booked in a fortnight with Fertility Plus) and it looks like a LOT of scans etc. Did you work during IVF? I live and work on the shore and appointments/scans will be in Greenlane. I can't figure out how I work and go to everything, not to mention how the hormones/procedures might make me feel...
Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links

Fingersxd4#2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 6:40pm
I dont have an answer for you but I wish you all the best and lots of baby dust
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Dec 11 - Found out I was UTD
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
May 14 - Early Miscarriage from final round of 50mg Clomid
Dec 14 - Miscarriage at 8.5weeks from 100mg Clomid
MrsOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 8:04pm
I don't have a answer for you either as ill be doing the same some time this year ,but good luck fingers crossed for you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:57pm
Thank you both. Have just posted same question into TTC for 12months as it seems those ladies know LOTS!
Parents2Be View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parents2Be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 12:14pm
Hi Auntie, I have recently had two rounds and worked up until after ER and then had the two weeks off. I felt the side effects for me were bearable to work with and it would have meant a lot of time off work. I work as a nurse so lots of shift work including nights which made it a little harder but it was fine, I thought it was more important to have the two weeks off following ER etc (I however never got to the stage of ET but felt I needed that time to recover). What is your work like as you will have an idea a few weeks in advance when your scans will etc to get some time off? Hope all that helps and if anyone on here wants some help just ask.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 12:23pm
Thanks so much, I'm in a GP/A+M practice so no nights but also no afternoon shifts so harder to just do shifts around things. My boss will be (hopefully) very supportive but I am really hoping to keep it quiet from the rest of the staff - you know what nurses are like! Everyone would be very nice but also very nosy and whatever news I get - good or bad - I'd like to share with my husband first, not my whole workplace. I know I'll get more info post orientation but it's good to have an idea from those who have been there, done that, so thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply