FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternity leave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Annie129786 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie129786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maternity leave
    Posted: 04 January 2016 at 10:13pm
HI all,
I am expecting my first baby in July and at that point I would have only been in my job for about 9 months (only started new job a couple months ago, wasn't planning to get pregnant so fast).. I am wondering what I am entitled to in regards to leave, if any? I have been on those government websites but tbh they are just so confusing!

Thank you to anyone that is able to help!
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 7:20am
Hi Annie and congrats. Also due with my first in July. From my understanding (and a quick read online) if you've been working full time for at least 6mths before birth you're entitled to 52 wks leave 18 of which is paid.
You're right though it is very confusing!!
Someone else who's been in your situation will be able to clarify though.
All the best - hope your pregnancy has been smooth to date.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 9:07am
Hi Annie,

BC im not sure if that's correct, I am not in that situation (but have done a lot of reading/planning ) if you are not in a role for 12mths+ you are not entitled to the extended leave, just the 16 (18 weeks from april) paid leave. Here is a summary page if you are interested

http://employment.govt.nz/er/holidaysandleave/parentalleave/summary.asp
Nov 2015, Trisomy 18 (14w3d)
DS Born Sept 2016
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 9:13am
Yeah wasn't sure about that part - knew someone would know more 😀
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 9:15am
Its a bit confusing, found that summary table and thought it was pretty easy to look at! I've just made sure I am in my role for over 12 months to make sure I don't have to worry haha
Nov 2015, Trisomy 18 (14w3d)
DS Born Sept 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply