FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConceiving after Depo Provera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RebeccaW202237 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebeccaW202237 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conceiving after Depo Provera
    Posted: 29 March 2016 at 1:49pm
Hello,

This is my 1st post so apologises if I have done it wrong,

I was on Depo for 13+ years, I have been off depo now for 6 months. After about 3 months my period went back to being regular every 28 days and lasting about 5 days.

I have done “ovulation” home kit tests and did the dead on the dates I was most fertile but still no luck. I haven’t been to a doctor yet as they said your body could take 1-2 years to get back to “normal” (wish I knew that before staring injections all those years ago!)

I am what they call “over -weight” so I’m working on losing weight as I know that can play a big part in conceiving, I don’t drink anymore and gave up smoking 2 months ago.

About 13 years ago I was extremely young and had an abortion…something I have regretted ever since but felt pressured into at the time. I’m SO scared that I may have lost my only chance of conceiving, I’m so worried I may never have the chance of carrying my own child.

Would love some advice and to hear anyone else’s stories about coming off the depo, how long it took to conceive etc. as research I’ve done has me really worried that I may never conceive naturally. 

Thank-you for reading, i look forward to hearing from you.

Rebecca
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply