FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue September 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
toomanyvowels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Due September 2017
    Posted: 23 December 2016 at 8:10pm
I'm due September 1st with number 2 conceived through IVF. Bundle of excited nerves after a hard road conceiving including an ectopic 3 months ago. Would love to talk to fellow September Mummas to be who are in these scary early days! I see there's a big July/August/September forum but I don't want to join a huge group with other due months, anyone on here just found out they're due September?
Sponsored Links

Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2016 at 9:06pm
I am also due 1st September through IVF. I have had 3 ectopics all up the last one in August. So I know how you feel   I'm so nervous about all the early monitoring it's doing my head in and I only found out today
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2016 at 9:49pm
Congratulations Kumeroa, here's hoping this is your take home rainbow! I found out yesterday and I was sure I wasn't pregnant, so it was a complete amazing surprise. The monitoring with my ectopic got me so stressed I refused my last couple of blood tests and just waited for the scan to confirm. I almost said yesterday to the nurse don't tell me my level but then she said it was 450 something which is higher than it ever got in my first fortnight with my ectopic. I have had a small amount of pink spotting today and on Weds which I'm hoping isn't anything to worry about. My boobs are crazy sore and I'm quite teary but I'm hanging out for bad morning sickness to start to reassure me! I had hyperemesis with my now 2yp. So I guess I'm hopeful but still nervous, it is so hard to get excited when you are feeling so scared! Where in NZ are you?
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 9:03am
Yes I so understand that. I didn't ask for my number yesterday. I didn't want to know as it stresses me out. Hoping they will give a scan at 6 weeks to put my mind at rest. I don't feel pregnant at all. But that's ok it will come feeling a lot better about it today. We are lower north island. Where are you?
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 10:34am
Yes I didn't want to know but then when I heard it was high it actually helped calm my anxiety slightly. Could have gone the other way and freaked me out though. Next BT is Weds and I'm going to say I don't want to know levels and push for a 6w scan. I'm with FAW under AM, they're back from the 3/1/17 and I'm hoping they'll squeeze me in for a scan end of that week! I don't feel pregnant either, like my sore boobs are nothing specific to being pregnant, and being a bit teary could easily be the time of year. Maybe a bit queasy first thing when I wake but I'm allergic to the morning anyway haha! But because I now know I'm pregnant I'm attributing those things to pregnancy. With my 2yo I didn't even know I was pregnant at this point! My emotions tip around a lot, excited to nervous to happy to anxious! It's hard to be excited (because it is so exciting) while still reserving too much excitement and embryo love by way of protecting myself! My husband and I are just debating telling our parents and maybe siblings, it's hard to know if/when we should! Have you told anyone?
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 10:42am
We told my mother in law last night and will tell my parents on Xmas day they know we have had IVF so it's a bit hard to hide the results haha. We have a nearly 3 yo too. I'm closer to palmy so not sure if they will scan me there or have to go to Wellington for it.
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 11:21am
Oh right yes that makes it tricky. I was really open about our first IVF attempt that ended in the ectopic and it was really hard, so we didn't tell anyone about the FET. It's a tough one because they'll likely have to pick up pieces if it doesn't work out, so at least having some excited days beforehand makes us think we'll tell them. But just discovered I'm spotting again this morning, it's very upsetting and I am getting increasingly worried about it. I didn't bleed at all with my 2yo, but I also know spotting/bleeding in first trimester can be totally normal. After the last year though I wouldn't exactly be shocked to miscarry on Christmas Day. This ttc/pregnancy thing is really hard!
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 1:35pm
Oh Hun keep your head up. I have read spotting is so common in early preg and even more so in IVF pregnancies. Try putting your feet up for the rest of day if possible and take it easy over Xmas. Just think positive. I know how hard that is after ectopic as that is an experience I would t wish on anyone. And while technically I shouldn't have anymore ectopics as I have no tubes now it still scares me. It will all be alright you had a great first hcg just focus on that.
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 3:51pm
Thank you for your comforting words Kumeroa, I so needed to hear them! I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family! Take care xx
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 2:34pm
How are you toomantvowels. Hope you had a great xmas and that your blood test brings you some comfort tomorrow
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 3:34pm
Thanks Kumeroa, we had a really nice and relaxed Christmas! How was your Christmas? I bet your parents were excited with your news! Yeah, here's hoping bloods look good tomorrow, I'm nervous but hopeful. When's your next beta?

Surprised no other due September Mummas on here yet! I guess that's what happens when you're due the first of the month, haha! Do you want to move to a FB 'due Sept' group Kumeroa? Or wait until there are a few more of us..?
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2016 at 5:26pm
Hey how did your blood test go today? My next beta is tomorrow eeeek.
Seems so surreal still
My Xmas was nice pretty relaxed which was good
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2016 at 7:23pm
It went well, thank you for asking! I didn't get my number but nurse said my HCG was tracking nicely along the 100th percentile. Not overly sure what that means but so long as it's tracking along nicely I'm very happy! My next BT is next Thurs, scan booked for the 18th. Still haven't relaxed into being pregnant, even with good HCG results. But definitely found it reassuring I've had spotting and HCG rising well anyway. I hope all is looking good from your beta tomorrow, will be thinking of you so let me know how you go!
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2016 at 7:26pm
Oh yay that is fantastic news and I know with my ectopics it was always not quite right with my betas. I think it's great that you must have some awesome betas
Thanks will let you know how I go
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 10:03am
Yes with my ectopic my HCG was rising but too slowly and also too low, so my results thus far are reassuring. It's going to be an anxious 8ish months though I'm sure! I hope your results today help ease your worries.

I found a Facebook due group for NZ due September Mums through the Huggies page; if you add 'September Hopes' (profile pic is a rainbow light) then she will add you to the group and you can unfriend her. Otherwise if you leave your email here I can add you that way :)
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 1:51pm
Beta levels came back all good scan on 16th and another beta next thursday
DD1 born Jan 14
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 2:42pm
Great to hear your beta results were good!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your scan!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 3:27pm
That's awesome Kumeroa, yay! Come join the Facebook group when you feel ready, there's a few of us anxiously watching the days slip past and waiting for that first scan :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomanyvowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2017 at 2:01pm
Any other Mummas found out they're expecting September 2017? 🙂
rach2846 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rach2846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 2:36pm
Hi there, we have just found out we are pregnant with our first after months of trying. Very excited, but very nervous! Would love to join the facebook group, I will need all the advice and reassurance I can get!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>