FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChildren after 50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gabrielle222604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrielle222604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Children after 50
    Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:07am
Hello to everybody! My name is Gabrielle, I'm 59. It happened so, I've never been married and I don't have children. And now I'm looking back at my life and think it was so empty and miserable. I must say I've never felt happiness... I've never felt love... I had couple of relationships, but they were not serious.
I thought that one day I will meet my only one. I gave all my life to my career. I have never had time on entertainment and go-outs with friends. When I was meeting someone, who showed me his sympathy, I was thinking 'Now it is not time for love!' My parents, colleagues, friends were asking me 'Why are you still single? It's time to have family and children! What are you waiting for?'
And only now I understand, they were right. But it's too late...
I look at my friends and I ask myself 'Why? Didn't I deserve to have love and family?' My friend Rita has been married for almost 40 years. She has loving husband, 4 kids and 9(!) grandchildren. And I'm very glad for her!!!
I see how her eyes shine when she tells me about her beloved ones.
Probably I did something horrible in my previous life and deserved all this.
Recently I visited youtube and I saw video about woman, who had procedure of ivf with eggs of a donor at 59 years old. She had video diary and she was making videos during the whole process. I couldn't take back my tears while watching!
And what surprised me the most - there are so many such women! They are not afraid to give birth in such age! They create their happiness by themselves! They don't care what other people say! And a crazy thought occurred in my mind...
Maybe it's not too late for me? Maybe I still have chance to be happy? I don't know what to do... I'm scared... At the same time I don't want to lose time!
I hope you'll help me to find clinic, where donation can be done at my age.
And hope for your support if it's possible...
Sponsored Links

G.Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G.Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 2:55am
Hello Gabrielle! Your story made me cry...But it is never too late! And you are not crazy at all! I had donation at 46 years old. I have PCOS, so donation was my only chance to have children. I underwent ivf with de in Ukraine. Now I have two wonderful kids, Daniel and Denis) I love them so much! Parenting is the best thing ever! I can't imagine my life without my children. I know for sure that in this clinic, where we had de, this procedure can be done in your age. The clinic name is BioTexCom, maybe you've heard about it. I wish you good luck! Don't be afraid and fight for your happiness)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrielle222604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:01am
Thank you for your support, dear! I congratulate you! Kids are such a blessing!
I'm so sorry now I didn't do it earlier... But I hope with my whole heart it's not too late. I hope I still have my chance to full my life with happiness. I've heard about this clinic. There are many reviews in the internet. But it's better to talk directly to someone, who had an experience there. I hope for your help! I'm new to all this and I have many questions. I would appreciate, if you clarify some issues for me. What did you consider in your search of good clinic? Why did you choose Ukraine and BioTexCom? How much attempts did you have? Thank you for any info!
G.Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G.Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 7:53am
Thank you Gabrielle! Don't be sorry. You can't change your past. So there is no sense to regret and blame yourself. But you can make your future better! Please ask whatever you need! I'm always ready to help) I was looking for a clinic very carefully. There are so many fraudsters and you should be very attentive. The main criteria for me were positive reviews, professional doctors and good service. I’ve found a couple of good clinics, 'explored’ each review and each website, where those clinics were mentioned. And of course official websites were learned by heart. So after the discussions, thinking through all pros and cons, I chose Ukrainian clinic. So, my husband and I came there and our doctor told us everything about donation. In case of 5 failures, the clinic would refund us our money. I’ve got pregnant from the first attempt! The service was pretty good, they gave us guarantees on success. We were satisfied with everything.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrielle222604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:22am
I appreciate your support and help! Thank you a lot for these tips!
I will consider everything you said. Sounds very good. I like the idea of refunding money. I have nothing to lose! May I ask how much did you pay? How do they choose donors for their programs? Did you choose your donor by yourself?
G.Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G.Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:12am
You're welcome) We chose package called 'Guaranteed success'. We paid 9 900 euros for all services, starting from meeting in the airport by representatives of the clinic and finishing with ED itself. All donors are chosen very carefully. First requirement is age of donor. All their donors are 18 – 25 years old. Second requirement is perfect physical and mental health. And third requirement is absence of genetic diseases in the donor and her family. You can't choose donor by yourself. Contact of clients with donors is prohibited by law. But you can provide desired phenotype! The clinic will choose donor for you, basing on your requirements. They gave us 3 variants. They sent us all info about them. That's how we chose the most suitable donor. Our children look very similar to us! No one can ever tell they are not biologically mine)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrielle222604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:42am
What a relief! I would like my child to look like me. The price looks good! Did you pay the whole amount at once? So they provide meeting in the airport? What other services do they give? And what about language barrier? I don't know Ukrainian at all. Of course I can hire a translator, but I'm not quite sure I'll be able to find the one who knows about DE...
G.Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G.Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:57am
The clinic provided us with taxi, which carried us through the city. And also they provide manager, who translated everything for us. So there is no need to hire interpreter) Accommodation and food are also included into the package. You won't have to spend extra money! The whole sum was divided into two payments. So we paid 4 950 euros during first visit and 4 950 euros during second visit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrielle222604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 10:23am
It seems the clinic took into consideration every single detail. So foreign clients will feel comfortable in Ukraine. How much time did you visit the clinic? Did the clinic provide you with accommodation during all your visits? Or did you stay at hotel for your spending? Also I have very big doubt about Ukraine... There is war now. Is it safe to go there?
G.Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G.Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 10:29am
You're absolutely right! We felt pretty comfortable in Kiev. We weren't worrying about language barrier or how to find clinic or where to live. We fully concentrated on ED process. We visited clinic 2 times in the frameworks of procedure. The first meeting lasted 2 days and included medical examination. Also we were provided with information about the program, organizational and medical parts and terms of the contract. Our second visit lasted a week. There were the sperm pick-up, fertilization of donor’s eggs and embryo transfer. They provided us with housing as well as with food both times. And it's safe in Kiev! There are no riots or hostilities. The war takes place in the east part of the country. So Kiev looked calm and friendly city) Don't worry about that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrielle222604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 10:32am
I must say I've never been abroad. So going to different country, where is war, in my age scares me a little bit. But you calmed me down! I hope there will be no other worries except de ivf. I appreciate your help! Thank you for answering all my questions, dear. I want to consult with my friend and make a decision. I don't want to waste more time.
Matthew222689 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew222689 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 7:48pm
Hello Gabrielle! As others said - it's never too late. But you've got to be aware of possible problems and issues with pregnancy. Bringing a new life on this world is something beautiful and nobody should be excluded from this opportunity :) Be strong!

Matthew.
luha226083 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luha226083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2018 at 5:27am
Hi, my friends also came to this clinic. They were very surprised by the price, as it is much lower in comparison with other countries. They can not boast of great wealth. But, nevertheless, they were able to pay for the VIP package. Therefore, the surrogate was chosen for them very quickly. At the moment she is already pregnant. Of course, the duration of pregnancy is still very small, but my friends are incredibly happy. We are all very happy for them and we hope that the pregnancy of their surrogate will be excellent! My friends also can not boast of a young age. They are mature people and they are ready for the child. But, unfortunately, their only way out - is surrogacy. Yes, in Ukraine there are no age restrictions. But not everything is so simple, because a lot will depend on your state of health. You should also realistically assess your own capabilities and strengths, as well as financial realities. I hope that my words will help you and you can begin to act.Since time flies so fast, especially at such a mature age, so it’s impossible to delay.
lenabr199848 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabr199848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 10:05am
I see this thread hasn't been used in a while, and I hope you have completed your dreams and are happy now. However if you need any additional info about my clinic, that also treats patients who are 50+, pm.

Edited by lenabr199848 - 20 January 2019 at 10:08am
Me 38, DH 42
#1IVF - BNF, no implantation
#2IVF - BNF, mc
changed clinics, 1st appointment Gdansk - June 2018
#3IVF - Gdansk Poland, Dec 2018
tori236713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tori236713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by G.Fiona G.Fiona wrote:

Hello Gabrielle! Your story made me cry...But it is never too late! And you are not crazy at all! I had donation at 46 years old. I have PCOS, so donation was my only chance to have children. I underwent ivf with de in Ukraine. Now I have two wonderful kids, Daniel and Denis) I love them so much! Parenting is the best thing ever! I can't imagine my life without my children. I know for sure that in this clinic, where we had de, this procedure can be done in your age. The clinic name is BioTexCom, maybe you've heard about it. I wish you good luck! Don't be afraid and fight for your happiness)

Hi, I also read a lot of positive feedback about biotexcom. I would like to recommend this clinic to my friends. They are very interested precisely in surrogacy. I learned that this clinic provides such services. Tell me please, did you communicate with those people who joined the surrogacy program there? I read positive reviews about the surrogacy program in this clinic. But, I would also like to ask you. After all, you helped Gabriella so much by giving her your advice. I hope that you still visit this form and help my friends with a recommendation as well.
Gabriella, I would like to wish you to act as your heart says. Now reproductive medicine is developing so rapidly that age is no longer a hindrance to achieving its goal. The main thing is to feel the strength to bring up the child and give him everything he needs in his life. If you have the vitality and the ability to accomplish this goal, then you should learn more about it. And perhaps you will get everything that you dream about. But, you should make sure that no procedure will harm your health. So maybe you should think about surrogacy?
Tiana250157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 8:17am
In fact, you should not despair! Today, there are many ways to find a family and feel the happiness of motherhood, regardless of age. It seems to me that you should think about a surrogacy program. I would recommend you go to Ukrainian clinics. However, according to their rules, only a married couple can participate in the surrogacy program. Also, you may be offered to use donor eggs. But this is a great advantage, since your child will be healthy. Indeed, with age, the quality of the ovum quickly deteriorates, and using your ovum during fertilization at 59 can be very risky. Yes, and get them will not be so easy.
Amanda250156 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda250156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 10:54am
I also think that at 59 years old it is better to use donor eggs. In general, at this age the number of eggs will be minimal. But maybe a woman froze her eggs in her youth? It seems to me that at this age, surrogacy is the only acceptable option. For some reason, many people are afraid of surrogacy. Although this option has long been popular and in demand. Despite the fact that in most countries of the world surrogacy is prohibited, you can find good clinics in Ukraine.
 Post Reply Post Reply