FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTips For Single Parents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Isey266949 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isey266949 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips For Single Parents
    Posted: 09 April 2021 at 6:34am
Meal plan. Dinner doesn’t have to be super awesome. Chicken nuggets and French fries. There is a lot you can do with beans and rice.

Lean into getting support from family and friends. Have a group and community that is supportive and encouraging.

Depending on the age of the kid, it’s better for you to take showers over a bath. Quicker in and out. Younger kids are very curious. Showers are quick and you can more quickly attend to your kid after getting out of the shower.

Get everything together the night before. Lunch, clothes for the kids, breakfast set up, etc. It makes the next day go smoother

Kids can help you clean up. Don’t put everything on yourself to do.

Use programs and assistance offered. Everything helps

Let the kids do their version helping while you cook. Even if it is just banging empty pots so they feel like they are helping. Play-Doh was also used a lot. I used to make homemade play-doh with my daughter when she was little. She loved it because the dough was warm after we made it and she would play with it.

Don’t worry about everything being perfect all the time. It never happens.

Say I’m sorry. You will mess up. You will make a mistake. Your kids know you will make mistakes. Saying I’m sorry lets them know it’s not intentional and that saying I’m sorry is meaningful for them when they grow up to be adults.

Find a schedule that works for you and keep it.https://19216801.onl/https://routerlogin.uno/

Edited by Isey266949 - 09 April 2021 at 9:59am
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply