FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMoving on after miscarriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Garrison267104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garrison267104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving on after miscarriage
    Posted: 25 April 2021 at 5:03am
I had a miscarriage. I was 7 weeks along, which is still very early. I had textbook miscarriage; spotting the week before, loss of pregnancy symptoms, bleeding with minor cramping that finished 9 days after the miscarriage began. An ultrasound two days later revealed I had expelled all of the “products of conception”. My HCG was back at a “non-pregnant” level as of this past Wednesday. I will have my follow-up pelvic exam a week from tomorrow. I had no medical intervention for this event. It happened as it’s supposed to, like I said, textbook.

I just can’t tell if I’m okay. And I feel guilty about that. I have a healthy 2 year old, a supportive husband, a supportive family and several women in my immediate surroundings who have been through this and are there to support me. My first daughter was a miraculous accident and her journey into this world had zero complications; this newest pregnancy occurred the first month we began actively trying to conceive. From a medical stand point, my miscarriage was probably one of the least traumatic ways that it could occur. I am lucky in so many arenas and in so many different ways. But I still feel lost.

I have had a hugely mixed bag of emotions. I am fine for a few days, then I break down. I try to determine if it’s okay to feel fine, or if I should be more upset. When I’m upset I think that so many others have so much more to grieve for and I don’t deserve these moments. I remind myself that my body did its job, but I know it betrayed me. I want to try again as soon as I can just to feel that joy and excitement again, but I know I will be paralyzed knowing I could lose the next one too.

I find comfort when other women share their losses with me, then feel monstrous for finding comfort in another woman’s misery. I just really can’t tell if I’m okay, and if I am, what kind of person does that make me?https://100001.onl/https://1921681254.mx/

Edited by Garrison267104 - 26 April 2021 at 9:59am
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply