FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSingle bottle wine dispensing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Max265389 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max265389 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Single bottle wine dispensing
    Posted: 28 April 2021 at 3:40pm
I would like to organize a wine distribution by bottle. Coravin is good, but inconvenient to use (slow and expensive). Vinnik and others are good, but more than I would like to spend. And, since I have tubes, manifolds, rubber stoppers, stainless tubes, etc., I would like to build my own small multi-bottle dispenser instead of paying for a kit from winekepper, etc.

Where I'm stuck is in the regulator...I really want to use one of the little mini nitrogen regulators and the main party faucet...this would give me the opportunity to have a 4 or 5 wine party on lazy Susan, with a small cartridge and a collector hidden in the middle. But when I'm not hosting (because it will only be the holidays), I want to use the same regulator on a permanent installation attached to a 2.5# or 5# tank.... then, also maybe use for beer or coffee later...the main thing is that it should be small and discrete.

Has anyone come up with a discrete, inconspicuous way to do this? I used a professional machine in past...it it only takes a few pounds per square inch to push the wine out, and those few pounds per square inch aren't enough to push the rubber stopper out. I can cut and bend a stainless steel tube, and inserting a short tube and a long tube into a 2-hole rubber stopper is neither difficult nor expensive. For now, I'll just plug in the party faucet to start with, until I figure out how to make the best faucet on the bottle./

If someone has done this, I would appreciate your feedback...
Sponsored Links

Alexa262704 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexa262704 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2021 at 3:42pm
Try some local wines. They are delicious

Edited by Alexa262704 - 28 April 2021 at 3:43pm
dave267172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave267172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 4:49am
Tbh, I've never tried it before but I believe there are inexpensive faucets to use that you can find on google. it depends on where you stay but it shouldn't be difficult to find an inexpensive one I think.
you see, discouraging people is one thing we should not do, but when I see people doing this, it seems to me like they are a little bit stressing themselves. and what would rather be an alternative option is buying a wine. we know that most of our wines are very expensive and want to minimize the costs cuz we can't continue spending our savings on wine for god knows when, but you can try to google some wine deals online and use them. there's this one too I was recently referred to, you can check them out if that would be the solution to your problem; https://newbiedeals.com/wine-welcome-offers/

Edited by dave267172 - 02 May 2021 at 4:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply