FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust ’07 Mums to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 189>
Author
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 5:24pm
Yay there's more August mums now!

I introduced myself a few weeks ago, but I haven't been around much since then, so just to recap:

I'm due 4th August (so I'm almost 9 weeks now), haven't had a scan yet as my 8 week mark fell dead on xmas day so I have to wait til Thursday next week... and I'm SO impatient to get in there and see if we can find a heartbeat!!
Sponsored Links

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 7:57pm
Lil Nut Nuts mum - don't be paroniod about not having MS yet. Some woman are VERY lucky & don't experience it much, if at all! You maybe one of them! Also it's still early days it may not come on for another week or so.

But I must admit I feel the same - I thought my MS would be in full swing by now but I'm feeling pretty good so far. I too am paronoid a bit as my sister had a miscarriage in 2005 & so I'm more conscience it can happen to anyone. I'm going to contact my MW next week to make an appointment with her & get a scan form to have a scan soon for reassurance & check dates.

Hang in there!!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 10:03pm
A friend of mine had a gorgeous baby boy about 8 weeks ago, and she never had any morning sickness at all. And my mum reckons she never had any.

If you haven't got it, be glad! I threw up in a shopping centre carpark this morning, and I'm sure all the shoppers thought I was drunk
Lil Nut Nuts Mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:52am
I suppose i should count my lucky stars.

Mikaela you should buy a shirt that says I am pregnant not drunk to let them all know

Edited by Lil Nut Nuts Mum
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 10:41pm
I don't get morning sickness, neither did my mum.... it's so great! but does make you wonder from time to time in the early days when you don't "feel" pregnant.

Italiah you need to have a look at your signature as there is quite a lot of extra coding in there

Congrats all you August mums!
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 9:18pm
Hey, my name is Kandice and I'm due 23rd august...
I'm 20 years old and this is my first.
Iv got really bad sickness its not in the morning tho... More afternoon and evening!

And I'm so tired i feel like i could sleep for a week!!

I live in Christchurch and would love to meet other mums to be around my age!

Edited by BabyTyme
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 12:39pm
Hey kandice.

My name is Yvette I am 23 and live in Auckland.

This is my first pregnancy.

I can sympathise with the Tiredness I am always tired, i have been told this goes by the 2nd trimester.

I have been lucky and have had only a bit of Nausea.

Ginger beer is good for this
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:08pm
I'm 25 and live in Auckland, so there are a few of us around, just pretty spread out geographically!

Yvette is right, I find ginger beer really good for the nausea and also soda water for some reason. DH brings me a ginger nut in bed first thing in the morning (that's when I'm sick usually) for me to nibble on and I find that helps a bit as well - maybe give that a go? Basically anything that raises your blood sugar level will reduce the nausea.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:18pm
Hey thanks, i will try the gingernut in the morning and the ginger beer to as i am really sick all the time!

~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:27pm
I've started spewing now

It's so disgusting. I thought I could handle just feeling yuk, but now actually being sick is not cool! The last two mornings i've ended up bringing back up breakfast.

Off to the shops to buy some gingernuts I think!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:35pm
Yeah the best one are the mini gingernuts I pop them in my mouth and suck on them.

I went down south to a family farm over new years and decided to head for a walk down to where my hubby proposed last year thinking it would be all romantic.

Got half way and started to smell farm smells and brought up my brekkie, well that was the end of our romantic rondevoue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:37pm
You girls are lucky the whole ginger thing works for you, it didn't help me at all with my last 2 pregnancies. I'm just starting now to feel a little yuck, not too bad though. The tiredness is more of a pain. Going to Queenstown for a few days next week so hope the MS holds off till after then, though can fully see myself throwing up on the plane!!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:51pm
So what does every one do for a living

My hubby and I own and run on online store www.fishpond.co.nz

I have been lucky that I work at home making it easier to rest and be lazy.

I am still in my PJ's I just can't be bothered getting changed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 2:00pm
My husband runs his own decorating business, I stay at home with the kids & do a bit of office work, wages, PAYE etc. Not the most thrilling job, he hates it actually, but it pays the bills.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 2:05pm
That is all that counts, I cant wait to be a stay at home mum it must be the best job in the world.

I have never really found a job that I have been passionate about even after 3 years at uni doing a BSC.
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 3:17pm
I'm an assistant to a group of architects, it's a lot of fun (most of the time!) but really busy so even at the best of times I get tired.

Another girl who works here went down to four days per week when she was about 5 months pregnant, I will keep that in mind I think. Luckily my boss is awesome about pregnancies and things.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 4:21pm
Lucky for all of you that own businesses! I work for telstra clear.. 40 hours a week.. and im usually feeling really crappy by lunch time!

If i had timed it better (pregnancy wasn't planned) i would have not got pregnant for another 6 months then i would qualify for maternity leave... now iv got to take it unpaid..

But at least i will have a job to go back too.
My partner is a gib fixer by trade so hopefully we will be ok, he makes good money when contracting.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 4:42pm
I had a cousin that did not qualify for maternity leave and there lil boy was not planned and they were fine, it is amazing how much stuff and help you get from other people.

Things have a way of working out in the end.

I know we are going to have to drop our mortgage payments

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 4:46pm
We are wanting to buy a house but i cant see things working out that far!

I'm like 2 months off qualifying.

Stressing out alot about that too.

I had my scan the other day and they told me that there is a tear below the placenta... Thats stressing me out too.

sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 4:59pm
I'm a primary school teacher (thank god for these holidays!!) and hubby is an Engineer. I'm 29 he's 31, so a wee bit older than a few of you other girls, but just as nervous and new to it all!!!!

At this stage I'm planning on taking the full year off, then I might just go back relieving 2 days a week. All depends on money I guess!

Babytyme, did they say anything more about the tear?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 189>