FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow to block Minecraft on pfSense?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sonia267533 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonia267533 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to block Minecraft on pfSense?
    Posted: 20 July 2021 at 1:34pm
I am playing with pfSense at home and I have also installed pfBlockerNG. My son is secretly playing Minecraft when he should be doing an online class. So I want to block the Minecraft client from connecting to external private or public Minecraft servers. Do you have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Deirdre265511 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deirdre265511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2021 at 11:44am
Better take care of his upbringing
NicholasBlak252766 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasBlak252766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2021 at 11:45am
You can only block HTTPS by IP. At least, using the only pfSense. Theoretically, squid can also block HTTPS at the site hostname level, but practically this has to be configured manually in the config. It is not solved through the web interface as far as I remember. Otherwise, install squid as well as squidGuard. Download a database with lists of Internet resources from it. You can block there. When you design a security rule in Minecraft Potions, you can specify when it should work. Otherwise, it will always work. This will mean that the policy is always functional and always controls traffic. The order can help unwanted filter traffic, reduce the load on the defense server at certain times.

Edited by NicholasBlak252766 - 21 July 2021 at 11:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply