FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHeart is not beating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leslie268029 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslie268029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heart is not beating
    Posted: 22 July 2021 at 11:21am
Hi, I am 43 and I am 7w1d pregnant after our 2nd IVF with ISCI cycle (1st one was m/c at 8w 4d). We had my husband’s sperm frozen and to as far as I know I do not have any problems (neither physical, nor somatic).

Today I went for my first ultrasound and the doctor didn't see a heartbeat. We are booked in for another ultrasound next week. He said that sometimes they don't see a heartbeat until 8w, but he didn't sound very hopeful although he told us there was 'still hope' – not very reassuring.

I felt moved to post and see whether any of you had any similar experiences to share and what the outcomes of those were.

I've read a few positive stories online, but all of them are years old, so I don't know whether it's still common not to see a heartbeat until later on in the pregnancy – i.e. whether the technology is now better now than it was a few years ago.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply