FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 Week Wait....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 1446>
Author
KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 9:03pm
Hi Busymum,

My miscarriage was a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks, but the scan showed a sac of only 6 weeks. It was a complete natural miscarriage that was almost painless and not that much more bleeding than a heavy weeklong period. I didn't have to have a D&C, which I was pleased about.

That was back in early September. Do you think that makes a difference?

L
Sponsored Links

Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 10:17pm
Well, well, well......here I am at 10PDO....tomorrow will be day 11 and I'm hanging in there by a thread.

I'm now checking my temperature a couple times a day which I've never bothered to do before. Hoping I can put myself out of my misery quicker if I see my temp has dropped (instead of waiting till the next morning). I sure don't feel pregnant and have TONS of PMT and have pretty much managed to convince myself I'm not preg this month, but the wait is still killing me!!!

I actually lay in bed last night and almost cried myself to sleep. Why is TTC such an emotional roller-coaster? I've never had such strong feelings of anger/frustration/resentment/disapointment/misery all at the same time. I fell like such a failure.......waiting is the pits. I just wish AF would arrive and I could sob/cry/scream and get it all out in the open and begin to focus on the next attempt..........

Jess - 6DPO
Salifer - 10DPO
MellyBelly - 10DPO
nictoddie 13DPO
Laurie 9DPO
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 10:18pm
Can't wait for one of us to have a BFP........someone........anyone........!!!
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 7:39am
Oh Salifer I really remember all those feelings. I hope your BFP comes soon, but if not try to remember to stay positive.

have you told your doctor you are TTC, as you are young after 6 months they may start looking into ways to help you and dh if necessary.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 7:49am
Yeah Salifer - I remember those too. I went absolutely nuts and we weren't even trying for very long (4 or 5 cycyles)in the end. It was absolute torture though and I have the upmost respect for the ladies here that have been here for ages. You will get there. I agree with SB, have a chat to your Doc. The month that I went and did that we got pregnant!!
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 7:56am
hahahaha busy bding for the four of us...now wouldnt that be a lot of fun....now if it was me and 3 other guys then surely that would help my cause...hahahahahaha

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 8:31am
Since you're relatively new Salifer, you probably haven't come across the ginger's plan to survive TTC

So here goes ...

(and remember - this has kept me sane (sort of) for 21 cycles!)

Treat yourself. Do it every day. It's a little something that makes your days brighter and gives you something to look forward to. My current 'thing' is every couple of days, in the morning, on my way to work, I stop and get a coffee at a fab little cafe in Onehunga called Luscious. And, about once a week I stop and buy a bag of their mini melting moments, which are absolutely *divine*, and I have one in the evening before bed.

Give yourself something to look forward to every month - something which will distract you from AF if/when it arrives, gives you something positive to focus on, and just helps get you through the day(s). I tend to book a hair cut or get my eyebrows tinted and shaped, or plan to go and buy myself something new for my wardrobe, or a new book or something. Just something you love, and which will help you get through.

Also, if you figure you can't afford to do something nice for yourself - just remember, that if AF has arrived, you have another month to save for baby, and so you *can* do something nice for yourself!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 8:32am
Oh, and for the list - I'm CD3.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 9:14am
Ginger - CD3

Jess - 8DPO
Salifer - 11DPO
MellyBelly - 11DPO
nictoddie - 14DPO
Laurie - 10DPO

Hey ladies i have done some thinking and i am gonna have to talk to my GP i cannot survive anything at the moment when im not on my PND meds. I dont know if its such an awesome idea TTC with my PND or even when taking the meds. I havent taken them the past few days and thought i was doing well but then i had a melt down last night and found it really hard.

Will have to update when i get bak from the drs. Shes lovely so should open up some insight for me. I wonder if she can draw blood and find out if i am pregnant this early.
JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 9:22am
Im CD5! Last day yay!

I was hoping that last month would be the month, and now I am really confident that this month will be the month. hehehe
I actually think that last month was the first month I actually ovulated since coming off the pill in July last year. I have heard that it can take 6 months or so to get back to normal. I am not listening to the stories that you can be more fertile after just coming off the pill cos that makes me want to go back on it....makes no sense at all, I know....but ttc brains don't nessesarily need to make sense...just whatever gets you through the next month aye!

Good luck to those that are waiting to hear the results of this month.
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 9:29am
All the best Jess - you have to do what is right for you, DH and ELLA, and if the timing of TTC is going to unhinge you and impinge on your quality fo life, that's a tough call to make.

DId you wean yourself off over a couple of months, or cold turkey it? Cold turkey makes it really hard and then you are super prone to taking a head first dive into the 'dark zone'.

Take care and all the very best!!

Oh, and the ladies were talking the other day about ADs you can take while pg - perhaps you could talk to your Dr about different meds?

Anyway! Thinking of you, adn you know that whatever support you need, we're here for you
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 10:44am
Yer i would love to have another soon but i need to be on meds. We have decided that if im not pregnant from this cycle then we are stopping TTC for awhile but ill still be here cheering you all on
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 11:16am
I understand completely Jess - you need to take care of you!

All the best with the Dr
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 3:05pm
Laurie - I had a very early m/c at just 4 weeks (ie it was like AF a day late). I also didn't need a D&C. My next two cycles were long and irregular and I conceived again within 3 months.

Salifer - big hugs! It's hard going and that all familiar cycle is just horrible!

Ginger - where does poking around your cervix fit into your sanity plan? tee hee
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 3:29pm
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 4:43pm
oo and I was going to say Kazzle, I'm so glad you have a sense of humour! Ginger just reminded me!
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:45pm
lol need to have a sense of humour...or else would go crazy...lol

besides doesnt every female want 3 guys at once?????

hhahahahaha ithink i will stick with my wonderful man

Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:57pm
Thanks to all the positive thoughts. I've just started a new position at work and you know what I think fate lead me to it so I could keep distracted for 8 hours of the day!!! Its the nights that drag on and send my brain into orbit!!! I start having silly thoughts that get me down.

Thanks for the advice Ginger, my girlfriend told me the same and I'm just slack at giving myself the treats I need. Have a haircut booked for Sat (but well overdue anyway) so must think of a few more things to distract/pamper myself with.

I truely take my hat off to you Ginger (being on cycle 21ish) and anyone else who's in a similar situation.....I really can't complain about how long we've been trying......guess I'm such an over achiever, just can't deal with the fact that I havn't succeeded with a BFP - just thought it would happen in a heartbeat.

I do feel I've learned from the last two months of MAJOR disappointment (the months before that didn't seem as bad as the last two) so feel I've come a long way since then. Still hard to deal with but I'm maturing.....!!!

Might have to be a daily treat of........CARAMEL SLICE to keep me on the up & UP!!
KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:59pm
Salifer, I completely understand what you mean. I feel completely irrational at times - I know I am young and have a heap of time up my sleeves, but I am impatient and don't like the thought that there might be something wrong with me.

Recently I have had a lot of friends and colleagues become pregnant (and often very easily) and while I am happy and excited for them, there is a secret part of me that is completely gutted. :o(

Fingers crossed for us though!! JD, I share similar thoughts as you... I have this positive feeling that things are going to work out in the next couple of months. At least it stops me getting too sad, so I guess it's a good thing to keep planning for best case scenario!

Jezsika, good luck with your PND. It sounds like you're doing the right thing, even if it means putting off your next wee bubba. And thanks for being supportive, from what I've seen around here you always are! You too Ginger! It's so nice having like minded people to chat with.
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 7:53pm
Big hugs Jezsika,

Well still no BFP for me gonna test again tomorrow... i really hate this waiting, feel really grotty, baby dust to you all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 1446>