FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockednew here - Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new here - Hello
    Posted: 06 February 2007 at 7:46pm
Hi everyone
im new here, im very glad to find you
I am booked for ivf in may with my husband
The hospital arent sure why we cant have kids - wev had all the tests and seem ok
im 33 now and my h is 35
Lately iv become desperate and so sad
im crying a lot at almost anything- im eating anything and its getting me depressed
im scared about the injections and about failing and never having a baby
normally i cope with things very well but as soon as i walk in to the fertility clinic im a mess
is this normal?
life is just so hard lately
emile
Sponsored Links

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 8:54pm
Hi Emile
welcome to oh baby. Sorry to hear your having so many problems but thats great you have a time for IVF. There are a few ladies on here who are having fertility problems but just wanted to say hi and wish you luck!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 9:21pm
Hugs Emile! I'm sure you will find lots of support here, and plenty of others in similar situations. We've also had a couple of ladies go thru IVF recently who are now pregnant so I'm sure they will have advice, tips and support for you when your cycle starts.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 8:22am
Welcome Emile my aunty had the EXACT same problem and at the 2nd attempt at IVF they got pregnant and she now has a beautiful 11year old boy She tried for 7 years with no known problems.

I hope you get your BFP really soon.
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 8:45am
Hi Emile

DH and I have been TTC for 21 cycles - I have endo and we also have male fertility issues, so added together, the two things have resulted in infertility for us. I'm 28 and DH is 29.

Just out of curiosity - where are you based?

I do know what you're going through - it's really frightening, and upsetting to know that you can't do this on your own ...and the thought of those injections is really hairy But, then ...I'd trade a *lot* of injections for a baby! Think of it like that - those injections will be your baby, so will be completely and utterly worth it. I'm quite lucky in that a friend and neighbour is a nurse, so I've already told her that when we do IVF, I'll be trotting over to her on a daily basis for the requisite stabbings!

I think what you're going through is completely normal -I ended up on anti depressants, and went through the darkest patch of my life about a year ago when I realised that things weren't going to go well for us, and it's so hard too when you know people having babies, and people don't understand what you are going through.

I try to focus on other things to get me from day to day, week to week, and through the end of one cycle and into the beginning of another - treats to make me feel better, things to look forward to ...just little tricks that keep me sane and focussed and positive. Most of the time.

Hugest, hugest hugs and I'm always here, ready, willing and able to listen to anything you need to get off your chest and give you all the support I can. And just remember - you are *not* alone. It feels like it, but you're not. Just give me a holler. The emotional roller coaster is terrible and it really helps if you can share it with someone who understands
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 8:56am
Hi Emile, Welcome to OhBaby! Sorry to hear you are having so many problems getting pregnant, I hope everything works out for you!!! You'll get heaps of support and advice form everyone here!

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 11:19am
Hi Emile, I am also 33 and my DH is 37. We had our first IVF ICSI in Oct 2006 after TTC for 2.5 years with no success. We were very lucky and found out on the 12th of Dec that we are pregnant!
I'm sure the emotions that you are feeling are normal and natural. It is grieving a loss to not be able to be holding your much wanted babies in your arms - but don't give up! I am an IVF success story and there are many many stories just like mine. Even though you might not feel like it sometimes, you are young and in the highest category for success with IVF. Because we did ICSI (where the inject the sperm directly into the egg) our chances were about 60%, when compared to natural conception of about 20% is very very good. So you have more chance of it working than not! The injections are easy. They are in the tummy and if you grab a good bit of skin tightly you really hardly feel a thing. Don't worry about these. You don't have to find a vein or anything, so it's easy peasy. I was lucky enough to not suffer any side effects from the drugs. My advice is before and during the treatment to keep busy, have nice distractions planned and get support from others going through it. The everybody.co.nz website has a really good infertility board where lots of girls who are going through IVF post. I know it's hard but try to be positive - your chances are higher than ever once you start IVF!
Feel free to ask me any questions. Best of luck Emile!
Lou
emile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 8:10pm
thank you soooo much guys - i actually feel a little better today just knowing i posted

thank you
ill be back

Margaret
 Post Reply Post Reply