FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedam i setting myself up to fall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: am i setting myself up to fall
    Posted: 07 February 2007 at 9:08pm
what do u think about buying baby clothes or things? am i setting myself up for failure - i somtimes see lovely things or think i should get somthing i like on special or while i have the money

what do u think?

emile
Sponsored Links

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 9:28pm
Depends on your state of mind i think. If you think you would get upset having them around as a reminder every month then no I wouldnt suggest it. If you were thinking in terms of while you have the money then i would maybe put the money you spend away either by vouchers for malls or a savings account or bonus bonds so that WHEN it does finally happen you will have the money to go crazy!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 10:03pm
I know they're so cute but... what if you don't like those clothes in 9+ months (fashion or taste change) and it is good to know what season baby is due for example, a winter baby won't fit size 1 summer clothes etc. So its a bit impractical, sorry
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 8:57am
I used to buy things in advance before i was pregnant and i am glad i did I left the big things liek prams, dressers and cot till when i was pregnant
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:01am
PS i just got rompers and things like that
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:09am
Personally I wouldn't as I would have found it a constant reminder. Even now that I am pregnant I haven't bought one thing yet, and don't think I will until I am 20 weeks. Although I am going for my 12 week NT scan today, so I'll see how I feel. There's plenty of time once you are pregnant for lots of glorious shopping!
Lou
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:49am
I bought a few little things in a sale after I had my m/c, friends thought I was nuts and I suspect they also thought I wasn't dealing with it very well but to me it was just like trying to reaffirm to myself that I *would* get pregnant again, and I *would* carry a baby to term. I think I needed to do it, it was quite cathartic.

Funnily enough the gremlins never wore any of the stuff I bought then coz I only had one of everything and ended up with two babies!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 2:22pm
I'm with my2angels ...it *really* depends on your state of mind.

I used to buy the odd thing, which I've now, except for a couple of things that I don't want to give up, given it all away.

I also, every month, when I got AF, would buy a big thing, and now I have a fully equipped nursery incl cot, change table, push chair, the works - which has been sitting there looking at me for nearly 2 years.

I'm pretty strong, and have occasional bad days, but for the most part I have my attitude is pretty even about the whole infertility thing. But, if I was you, based on your post the other day, as much as you may want to, I think emotionally you'll find it too hard to have the things around.

The idea of putting money aside is a really good one. That's sort of how DH and I do it now - if we have a little extra, we just pop it into our savings. Or we'll put it into doing something around the house to make the house nicer for when I'm a SAHM mum, and when we won't have the disposable income to do things. That way, we're doing something practical, something nice for both of us to enjoy, but not something revolving around a yet-to-be-conceived baby.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 10:18pm
yes it does depend on your state of mind. over the 2 years it took us to concieve i did buy stuff & it sure as helped now that if we want the bigger more luxary items we  otherwise we save. I havent regreted anything ive bought & if this one doesnt fit it then the next one might LOL. On the other hand I did go through a stage of not buying anything cause i was down & had it all packed up in a cupboard but when i got it out it was like christmas hahahahahaha Am also finding that working full time & have a busy life my pregnancy is just zooming by..... just my thoughts anyways
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
 Post Reply Post Reply