FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGrrrr - phone and toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grrrr - phone and toddlers
    Posted: 27 February 2007 at 1:53pm

I know it wasnt me so it must have been the bloody kids... six 111 calls that i have been billed $36 for in total...

what a stupid number for an emergency number... grrrr...

Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 2:09pm
Did they riing you and let you know that kids had been playing with the phone?? I used to work in the 111 call centre and they are meant to call to let you know that if they do it again there will be a charge. If they didn't complain to 123 big time.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 2:14pm
i rang telcom and they said they will reverse the charges just this once....yay for telecom!!!!!!!

will b puttig the ph up high in future tho...

ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 4:46pm
oh i so know what you mean! i've only been billed for 1 111 call but mikey is just too darn interested in the phone, and he's found that if he pulls on the cord where it's attached to the wall then the phone falls down so he can play with it.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 4:55pm
I was so totally sure this thread was going to say something about the kids playing up when you're on the phone LOL What a total nuisance though!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2007 at 10:38am
we've been billed for one too, I didn't even realise it had happened!!!! Seems all kids love phones, LOL

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 2:15pm
Have had the same problem, decided to get call restriction(where the phone is locked and #'s can only be dailed once you have put in the code) BUT....... you can still phone 111 with the lock on. Now the phone lives way way up high LOL.
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 5:20pm
I've had that problem too and yip billed for it - I just paid it as it was only the once so far anyway.

Busymum - my little man just loves the phone and when I am talking on it he wants it too and it can become a little teary when he doesn't get his own way, so it's best to make phone calls when he is sleeping. Not that that is an awful lot these days. Play phones (even the real thing but not working) just not seem to cut it. He knows the difference.

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 8:41am
Well with you moms on the real phone thing. This one knows what is a toy phone and what isnt. We even gave her a real old cellphone but that doesnt cut it. Must be too old technology for her or something.

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 8:43am
Jake has an old cell phone, too, but dosen't want a bar of it... It's not even that old, for goodness sake!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 12:31pm
ROFL annie

Post Reply Post Reply