FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStabbing pains?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stabbing pains?
    Posted: 02 March 2007 at 12:38pm
Just wondering those with Endo and PCOS if you get the horrid ovulation pain that feels like someones ripping you open with a knife, not only that but do u get the stabbing pains throughout the 2ww? I get them all the time and i never used to before i had Ella. I wonder if its possible that the clomid messed things up for me? I have heard of things like that before...
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 1:26pm
Pick me. I could feel I when an egg was being released it hurt so much. I took drugs for it when it was my left side as it hurt so much.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 1:37pm
Hi Jess I've never had Endos or PCOS but my internals have been more sensitive since having children. Gas and cramps often go hand in hand since my m/c a year ago actually.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 2:04pm
jess, i used to get those pains too. feels like someone is grabbing your intestines and giving them a chinese burn..and the stabbing with long, long, sharp knife pains!! the calmed down after i had jack but seemed to come back when he was about 8mths.....just before AF so i guess that makes sense
definately not nice!

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 2:12pm
Yer its been happening since i had Ella it sucks i have heard that Clomid can make more cysts and yep becks its worse on the left side but can happen on the right but i think i mostly ovulate from the left.

I used to be on codeine for my periods but now i just suck it up coz im not a fan of drugs. GAH
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 2:17pm
I get them Jess - not so bad this month for a lovely change, but they usually start at ovulation, and keep up for the entire 2WW.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 2:25pm
I was 2 months left then 1 month right. It will be interesting to see what will happen once things get back to "normal" after having Joshua. I'm going to try and not take drugs for it, but if its get really bad I think I will have to give in.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 9:02pm
i used to get them so bad after i had Paris that i was investigated for every condition except endo etc.. was glad when i got preg with ayja cos they went away.
Have now begun getting pains that wake me in the middle of the night randomly - so not happy about that cos i used to get them heaps when paris was a baby too, they would be so bad they made me sick.

sucks to be a chick
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 8:14am
Yer im wondering if its my endo coz i had it starting on my ovaries which isnt cool they removed HEAPS from my bowel and the surrounding area

I agree it totally sucks to be a chick!
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 9:02am
sucks alright sometimes jes! i am sitting here right now with them (argh!) before i had jade i had terrible periods, actualy it wasnt until i had emma that they were nicer- now it seems they are back to being painful and heavy and yuck. man its mean! stopid stopid. as for this pain around ovulation
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 9:12am
Last month was horrid i think coz it was a strong ovulation ick ick ick im gonna do the typical wishing here and cross my fingers that it only takes one cycle
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 1:46pm
he he, I woke up this morning - my birthday of all days, and the PMS has set in.. whoa, i have had no patience and a crap day and god i am sooo looking forward to going away for the night.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 6:51pm
HAPPY BIRFDAY TO YEW!!!!! *sings more just for your delight *
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 6:52pm
So sorry bout the PMS chicka i will look the other way if you want to devour a block of choccie haha
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 10:09pm
Happy birthday Janine! Sorry about the sucky PMS tho!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 3:20pm
I never use to get that pain ever. Then when I started losing a bit of weight all that stuff happened plus having lumps in my breasts. I totally freaked out and thought I have breastcancer.

Went to see my gyneo who actually started laughing at me explaining it is actually a good thing as you are ovulating. It is a bit more sore for PCOS woman but it is a good thing as the egg is actually getting released.

Just get a warm water bottle and lie in the fetal postion with it on your tummy or lowerback. (where you experience the pain more)

Other thing is drink 10 drops of rescue remedy in some juice or something works wonders for me.

And then my alltime favourite. White flower. You should be able to get it at a chinese herbal shop. Havent looked for it in NZ. But that stuff works wonders. I put it on my sleep or my temples and it just drifts the pain away.

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 6:24pm
I've been getting way more pain since having Ollie too. Not getting it was one of the best thing about being pregnant!
I also worry about what is going on in there.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 9:08pm
GAh i have been getting headspins now to and feeling really ILL i hate hate HATE ENDO!!!!!!!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 8:53am
ugh i get those O pains usually...bugger you I had forgotten about them for the last nine months LOL!!!

I too use codeine when O pain gets bad, and also I get horrific pain through an old jaw injury up my jawline every second AF or so...codeine is the only thing that works on it...and i hate taking pills and drugging up!!!

I think everyone experiences different levels of O pain...I too can feel the egg release and the pain of it is often crippling and sometimes not so...I dont know that it has anything to do with whether you suffer from endo PSOS etc - ive been cleared of all of that - had to be checked as mum was a huge sufferer and ended up with cancer of ovaries and had radical hysterectomy at age 28 as a result...am sooo glad that skipped me!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 7:48pm
Bombshell im there with you on the early hysterectomy in my mother she was diagnosed with cervical cancer at 27 and had all her bits taken out. Apparently that also comes sometimes with having Endo so ladies keep the smears regular!
 Post Reply Post Reply