FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF and multiple embryo replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF and multiple embryo replacement
    Posted: 12 March 2007 at 11:43am
One thing I have been thinking of is the twin thing with IVF.

BUT I was talking to a friend at the weekend who is doing IVF via the public system, and they will apparently only replace one embryo. No exceptions.

Is it different via private? It must be because of the number of IVF twins floating about ...unless it's new.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 12:08pm
hmmm My friend has only ever been public. And they have always replaced 2. First time she lost one of the twins. And other replacements never resulted and now she is pregnant with twins again. So maybe different clinics??

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 1:24pm
Normal process - Only one embryo replacement for public IVF if you are under 35, you can choose more than one if you are going private, but they STRONGLY recommend only one if you are under 35. There are many sensible reasons to only put one embryo back, one of them is that a single has a higher chance of survival and reaching full term pregnancy. Many others such as the rate of divorce after a multiple birth (!), stress, financial issues, occurance of ongoing health issues of multiples, etc.

Lou
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 2:14pm
I heard once upon a time, in a land far, far away, that the marriage survival rate for twins is 1 in 4 (25% make it)!! That's extremely scarey.

I really do need to stop worrying about the twin thing - I'm complete crap at taking one step at a time!

Looking at your ticker, you're almost half way there Lou (just in case you hadn't noticed yourself ).
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 4:58pm
Yeah nearly half way, cool aye!

Can't wait to hear about your appt tomorrow Ginger.
Lou
kirst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 9:08pm
Hi there, i know with fresh embryo replacement if you are under 35 you can only have 1 embryo replaced, we are currently doing our 2nd thawed embryo replacement and we can have as many as we like replaced! so this time we are having 2 embryos put back in
mtjt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 3:56pm
Hi Kirst

I am curious to how your 2nd attempt went with having 2 thawed embryos put in??? did you end up blessed with twins on this cycle?
 Post Reply Post Reply