FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedP&T’s cocoon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P&T’s cocoon
    Posted: 16 March 2007 at 10:17am
Hello all,

A really silly question from a first time mum-to-be........

I have just got my Phil & Ted's Sport with the cocoon.

We have the sleeping bag, which looks very cosy but too big for a newborn, which is why we got the cocoon. The cocoon looks warm but not as cosy. I want baby to be comfy but I am worried about over heating, so I wondered what other mums have done. Do you put baby straight into the cocoon as it is or do you use sheets/blankets in it (weather dependant) too??

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks!!

Tigs

Sponsored Links

luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 6:59pm
We have the P&T buggy and if we have another baby I'm definitely getting the cocoon thing (just to clarify - is that the thing with handles which looks fairly large)? Would be soo much easier to transfer baby in/out of buggy.

Not knowing exactly what fabric it's made out of, I'd say I would use a sheet on the bottom and maybe if it's cold, a blanket on top of bubs.

The one thing we found with the buggy when Amelia was small was that even with a blanket/sheet in the buggy, she hated it - turned out there wasn't enough padding, and then got the sheepskin insert which is brilliant!

Hope that helps a little
Selina

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 9:02am
We've got Janine's snugglesacks to make the buggy more snuggly
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 1:15pm
Hi Luna,

I also have the P&T buggy and instead of buying the cocoon I ended up buying a sheepskin insert with zips to close up from the Warehouse and it has been great to use. I also put an extra blanket underneath for extra padding.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 12:17pm
We have been using a cocoon with our P&T for the past 3 months and its great. I find on a hot day Fay gets uncomfortably hot so we just lie her on a sheet and leave the top unzipped. It is great for when we visit in the evening she has somewhere to sleep.
Generally I do keep checking on her to make sure she is not too hot, but I am paranoid about that sort of thing
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 5:23pm
We have one. I'm thinking that when baby arrives (mid August) it will still be cold for a few months, so we'll definitely get some good use out of it. Especially for all the dog walking we do!
 Post Reply Post Reply