FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPCOS and Acne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LuluBelle85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCOS and Acne
    Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:18am
Hey Girls...

This is not really about TTC or anything, but with having PCOS, I have massively bad acne and nothing seems to clear it. My face just erupts every day. Ew.
Anyone with PCOS and acne have any good remedies?

Sponsored Links

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:28am
I posted about this also so will bump it for you. Have been using Avon clear skin with awesome results!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:48am
Lou i swear on the Avon Clearskin it really is amazing its the only thing that cleared my skin and kept it clear.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:54am
I use the Double Action Cleaners and The Cleansing Scrub there is also a moisteriser and products that can be applied to nasty pimples to kill them off etc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:57am
Thanks Peanut!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:57am
Jess, thanks for posting that - Might need to get a booklet!

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 3:49pm
Just found this, I love the cleansing cream scrub, also have PCOS and acne (what a pain!)

I did find that sometimes my skin was a bit sensitive because of the products though. I quite like that morning bust stuff by.. clean & clear is it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 3:58pm
I think it makes it 10 times worse that I'm detoxing (having started weightwatchers) - My skin is really taking a beating.

Grr

Will definately get some Avon stuff when I have some $$$
Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 8:26pm
Yip the Avon stuff works a treat. 
Harlan Drew DOB: 06.12.06 & Stepmum to Ethan & Christian, DOB: 25.02.99
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 8:27am
Avon stuff is only $6 a item for the clear skin range or they do 2 for $12.

I use the double action cleanser and astringent lotion daily and have also brought the day and night moisturiser as sometimes the product dries your skin a wee bit.

I used the astringent lotion about 5 times a day for the first week as it really cleared it up and now just morning and night but only cleanse at night.
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 2:59pm
Evening primrose oil. You get it in capsule form. Only thing that helped me with acne.

Still not as much as a bother as facial hair to me. Going to get laser treatments once I get the courage.

CherryBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 5:33am
Hi i have pcos and i have only once suffered from bad acne but if any1 suffers from it now ask ur docter to give u zineryt, it worked a treat for me
Kiwibubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwibubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 4:32pm
If you are not TTC, then I would recommend Roaccutane. You absolutely cannot take it if trying to have a baby, as it causes birth defects, but clears the skin and removes scarring like nothing else!

I have been prescribed it twice in my life- once when I was 15 and again at about 20. It is a high dose of Vitamin A I think, and you have to see a dermatologist to be prescribed it....would only recommend if you are really desperate!

TTC #1 2005-2009 (PCOS)
Clomid x 4
IVF #1-BFP!
EDD- New Years Eve 2008!!
DD born 11 January 2009.
TTC #2 FET (3 embryos)

Post Reply Post Reply