FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHere goes nothing!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here goes nothing!
    Posted: 05 April 2007 at 8:41am
The hirekit arrived yesterday morning... I put off putting the boys into cloth until after lunch, as neither had done their usual first-thing-in-the-morning bowel motion but not long after both were asleep with their little bottoms covered by Fuzzibunz!

Josiah seemed to like the petite-sized one I put on him... when I undid it to adjust the fit, he tried to do it up again himself! Then he bent himself in half to have a look at it, before rubbing the outside with a big smile! When my husband came home for lunch 15 minutes later, Josiah came running out of his room to show Daddy his "new" nappy! before going happily back to bed.

Xavier fit (surprisingly) into a small... I thought the rise might not be enough, but it looks like it will be, at least at the moment.

My husband saw the nappies all over the coffee table and told me that the only reason he won't let me go cloth is if I can't stay ahead on folding/putting away all the washing (including clothing/towels/linen - all the stuff we already have that I struggle to keep on top of as it is). I've got 8 weeks to prove to him (and me) that I can do it!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 9:45am
oooh cool!! Did you hire from pepsicles?
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 9:57am
"My husband saw the nappies all over the coffee table and told me that the only reason he won't let me go cloth is if I can't stay ahead on folding/putting away all the washing (including clothing/towels/linen - all the stuff we already have that I struggle to keep on top of as it is). I've got 8 weeks to prove to him (and me) that I can do it!"

Ohhh i would have slapped my hubby for that commment....man if you have so much washing that you cant keep on top of it he should be helping to fold it...

You should use the augument that using cloth is better for the enviroment and easier on the pockets money wise.

good luck :)

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 12:23pm
I wanted to just say that washing nappies is SO much more fun than any other clothes. You can quote that to Nate from me
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 12:30pm
I agree Nikki! The novelty of seeing all my cute little nappies hanging on the line still hasn't worn off for me!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 1:12pm
Annie, its a kit from a lady in Kawerau.

Katrina, I'm a little OCD when it comes to things like folding washing... Nat doesn't do it right! and he's got sick of me refolding stuff behind him. He's learnt how to fold towels and flat sheets "my way" (which he admits is a good way) so he does help with those... but its taken me until the end of last year to let him hang stuff out on the line because he does it differently to me and uses way more space!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 3:47pm
I've just cleaned up my first soiled cloth nappy... and it was from Josiah. He must have a tummyache because it was worse than Xavier's (mostly liquid diet) newborn ones! On the (slightly) plus side, an old dishbrush is awesome under running water for removing the poo from the fleece, seams, PUL, trousers, and everywhere else it went!

Edited by daikini
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 6:31pm
Jsut make sure everyone knows that it is an "old dish brush" Most men cant tell the difference
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 9:52pm
Go Becca! And wtg Josiah christening his new naps!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

Jsut make sure everyone knows that it is an "old dish brush" Most men cant tell the difference

No problems there - its kept in the laundry cupboard so that there is no way it could get mixed up with the kitchen one!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 9:10pm
We hope so anyway lol

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:02pm
Well, its going to happen! We've decided to go cloth... but probably not straight away. If we keep going as we were (with the boys in sposies) for a few more months, we will be able to pay off some HPs and that will free up the money to buy a whole heap of Fuzzis. Nat wants to get about 30 (enough to do both boys 48 hours with a few spare, incase both are sick at the same time) and it works out cheaper to buy the whole lot in one go. We might get 6 or so to begin with, because even having the boys in cloth just at night will mean that there are 3 less packs of sposies a month to buy.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 4:00pm
Go the MCN

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply