FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOdd, odd and more odd.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Odd, odd and more odd.
    Posted: 10 April 2007 at 10:07am
I think I'm ovulating. It's very early in my cycle - CD11, but I had obvious EWCM yesterday, which in theory means that I'm ovulating.

But I don't feel like BDing.

Well, I feel like BDing , but I don't feel like TTC. I don't understand it, and I feel a bit distressed about it ...the only thing I can think of is that I need a break from the waiting and trying. And yet, this morning, I started taking my ELevit again (I took a break while I had the tummy bug because my body couldn't quite cope with the vitamins while it wasn't getting food as well). Such a contradictory creature, the Ginger is

I just don't understand it!

Lucky it's been Easter and there's still plenty chocolate around ...
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 10:19am
Hey Ginger...

its a bugger yah...while our bodies might be willing sometimes our minds arent.

so maybe this month you just bd when you feel like it...but do it because you want to...not because you are ttc.

its possible that you need a break and to just put some fun back into things (im not saying that the fun has gone for you) but i do know that i was getting sick of bding just for a baby...so this month we have just done it when we have felt like it and spiced things up.

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 10:52am
I think that's it Kazz. I just want to do what I feel like when I feel like it for a bit. I feel a bit under pressure (because of TTC for so long) to do the most that I can to conceive, but you've got to take care of your sanity a bit too, huh?

Well ...what's left of your sanity anyways!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 11:16am
I'd back the listen to your body and your heart point of view. If you body is needing a break then I'd take one...I can only imagine the pressure you must be feeling!!

Though I must admit....the month we rolled our eyes and BD'ed 'cos we thought we had to was the month we got pregnant....go figure!!!

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 11:52am
hey ginger...your sanity is your most important thing while ttc...and it can be a very very tiring process as you already know.

my suggestion..is to be kind to yourself...forget about ttc this month and just go with what your body wants.

lots of hugs coming your way

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:15pm
Oh, Paws

I love how you put that in little type
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 6:23pm
I know what you mean Ginger - sometimes I just dont want to do it - but I do it otherwise I regret it afterwards as I may have missed the window of opportunity.
In saying that last month I had to take antibiotics so we didnt BD at all as the chances of having an abnormal baby were to high and knowing my luck it would be the month that I would get PG, so it was best to avoid BD altogether. I actually had a great month. I didnt have to think about it at all as I knew I wasnt PG. There was no feeling of I might be or I mightn't be. I found it quite relaxing, so i reckon if you need a break than have a break to get your sanity back.

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 6:52pm
I talked about with other people about something...the whole clucky thing....it was decided that there needs to be a pill to "pluck the cluck"...I think it would work very well in this situation too....then you could take it and honestly not worry about not BD'ing rather than just politely saying that you're not thinking about it (when lets face it - you probably really are!!!!) and instead enjoy a life where you DON'T get woken up at 4.45am by small people wanting to show you how well they can get on thier hands and knees.

Either that or you do like us and go on a big cruise in the Pacific but the pill might be a cheaper option.

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 8:25am
4.45am?

*Shudder*

Still, I'd probably have taken your 4.45am over the big pile of dog spew that I got up to this morning ...

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 8:41am
Yeah Ok....I'll stick with my 4.45am....you can keep the doggy spew...

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 9:54am
Yep ...child vs child substitute. Give me kid spew over dog spew any day of the week!

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 10:14am
I will take your dog spew, I got 5am, and baby vomit all over me, care to trade?
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 10:54am
Oh, fabulous! I bet you were thrilled!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by ginger ginger wrote:

Yep ...child vs child substitute. Give me kid spew over dog spew any day of the week!

Mind you it does depend on the kid spew.....I watch Erin do a full on exorcist spew the other day that was just incredible to see but I'm betting Jax did not enjoy cleaning up!! (we had to HOSE the high chair down )

In that instance I *think* dog spew *might* have won out.

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 4:51pm
That spew was a shocker indeed, it just kept coming !! It was a mission to try and stop myself from reflexively spewing at the smell of it all
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by jax jax wrote:

That spew was a shocker indeed, it just kept coming !! It was a mission to try and stop myself from reflexively spewing at the smell of it all

Is it terrible that I just giggled at that?
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 8:51am
Yeah, we're going to be struck by lightening any moment nikki ...

It was the 'exorcist' bit that got me. I had this vision of Paws and Jax standing there trying to ward off baby puke with statues of the Holy Mother

(No offence to any Catholics out there intended)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 10:49am
Hey I wasn't standing nowhere near it!! I was safely in the kitchen calling encouragement to Jax and throwing her towels for the mop up (which I made HER put in the washing machine!!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 7:27pm
Should have just put Erin in the washing machine too

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply