FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaking at night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fabians mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabians mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waking at night
    Posted: 11 April 2007 at 8:33am
Hi everyone, ignore me if I make any spelling mistakes, I'm asleep! My little man is 15 months old and of late has been waking in the night around some nights once some twice, and will not settle by himself and then will not go to sleep until he's in bed with me. He's a real mummys' boy at the moment and only mum will do, I don't know if he's got new teeth coming through or just that he wakes and gets a fright, have thought about putting a night light back in his room (took it out when he was about 6 months old and then he starting sleeping through the night).
The door to his room is left open slightly so any light from in the hallway shines through - I'm only getting around 4 hours sleep each night now and I work full time - he seems to be fully alert! Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 8:56am
Ayja still does this sometimes, we used to give her a bottle but started only offering her water and she stopped waking for a while, however she usually wakes about 4 - 5 am and cries. I have started going in, i tell her its still night time and she needs to go back to sleep but she can have a cuddle if she wants. Pick her up give a cuddle, put her music box back on and back into bed. It usually works. every once in a while she ends up in our bed, but i seem to remember she was in our bed alot around 15 months - paris did the same about then too.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabians mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:06am
He stopped having a bottle around 12 months, so it's not that - he's been very clingy to me the last 4 or 5 months, i mean VERY clingy, like he screams when I leave the room even when he's with his dad !
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:22am
Taine is about the same age, and he was waking in the night a lot while those pesky molars and incisors came through - still not entirely through yet, I think - too scared to put any fingers near THAT mouth, but I remember Jake was very similar. Although I put his down to all the changes we had at that time. I just gave him some pamol before bed if he looks like he was sore from his teeth and comforted him when he cried, shoved him into bed with us, and he;s gone back to normal again.
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:51am
McKayla started waking again but that was due to an earinfection. Is he pulling on his ear at all perhaps? Did his molars came out yet?

I think the other mommies gave you great advice. Sorry dont really have advice myself. I co-sleep and get up and rock her if need be. But it is usually due to an illness that I have to do that.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabians mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 12:50pm
He was at the doctors on Monday morning - so all clear there - although he has suffered with numerous ear infections, might just try and give him parecetemol before bed and start praying !
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:58pm
Dont use too much paractemol. My sister was given at the nightcreche each night to sleep and she ended up being addicted to it and almost died one night due to breathing problems. Till this day she has some learning issues. My dad was furious when he found out what they did.

So I am not a fan at all in giving paracetmol for just in case. He will be pulling on his ears or rubbing it if it is ear related. Otherwise just use bonjela in his mouth for teeth.

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:10am
dfs got some friends who give their daughter paracetamol every ngiht before bed and dose her up everytime she gets sick, she has to ahve fluoride put onto her teeth because it was stripping them and at the age of 2 her teeth were getting seriously bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply