FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBuying inserts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying inserts
    Posted: 11 April 2007 at 2:39pm
Hi all

I am getting to the end of the hire period for my kit so am going to start buying my own naps (super excited). What I wondered is for pocket nappies, do you buy the insert for the pocket that you are buying or do you have a preferred insert type??? I am not sure about what way to go. Considering buying some pre-folds to use as inserts but not sure if that is a good way to go either. Ah - confusing... Help please
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:21pm
what sort of pockets are you going to get? some come with good inserts anyway, or is there a prefered type of insert you fancy?
i use prefolds in mine mostly now, but i also love a snappied prefold on my 21 mth old with no cover.

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:30pm
I'm planning on getting a couple of Ecobubs wool pockets but those come with inserts anyway. I am going to get some Happy Heinys, Tweedles, a Yoyo and maybe a Joel Eze nap. I like the Joel Eze insert that came in the hire kit but that's the only one I really use. There don't seem to be many other inserts in there - just lots of pre folds which do a really good job in the pockets.

I am thinking of getting a bunch of prefolds and a couple of covers to make sure that we have lots of nappies while I slowly build up a good collection of the nappies that I really like but I am not sure whether I should bother buying the inserts for those pockets.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:53pm
in that case i would perhaps suggest getting some extra inserts from ecobubs and some prefolds. and maybe cause you like them some extra joel eze inserts too.

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 4:06pm
Im using a mixture of microfibre and hemp inserts (purchased from various websites). I also have used flats in the pockets for extra padding when needed.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 4:28pm
i use mostly prefolds as inserts. i have a few tweedle inserts and also fuzzi ones. i think overall i prefer prefolds

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 4:29pm
The Ecobubs inserts are great and I love her boosters too coz they are microfleece-topped so you can put them directly next to bubs skin.

I use prefolds or flats in my Happy Heinys, and a mixture of Fuzzibuns inserts and boosters, Peapods inserts and boosters in my other naps, and I have a couple of bamboo flats from Tweedle that are super absorbent and deceptively trim. I like the look of the Baby Harmony inserts too but haven't tried them myself yet.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 4:32pm
I've got some baby harmony inserts and they are the nest I have tried! They are the microfibre insert that has a pocket for a hemp insert - very trim and super absorbent!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:31pm

what size prefolds do y'all use, i know they come in a few sizes,?

Oh crap, Ethan just crawled out the door!!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:56pm
i use regular and have done so since toby was about 4 mths old - i snappied them on him and they go great in all my pockets.

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 6:09pm
Where do you get them from gandt?
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 6:09pm
Emma - do you buy one insert and booster per pocket or two or something else entirely??
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 8:13pm
I bought two pockets originally and got a voucher for a free booster with my next purchase so I bought 4 more pockets and got my free booster plus she threw in a second one as well.

Thunderwolves - my prefolds are regulars too, they came from Snazzipants free with the Happy Heiny's I bought.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 9:55pm
i got my prefolds from real nappies and snazzipants. i think snazzipants are getting some coloured ones in soon too.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:49pm
Ooooh, colored prefolds!
Which reminds me, are you going to the Snazzipants opening next week?
Never mind, I'll email you
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 7:45pm
Snazzipants already have the coloured prefolds up on their site
 Post Reply Post Reply