FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBreast Feeding to Bottle Feeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 1:02am
I was at home breasfeeding and Dad was there and tried to shield me as I fed......at home. Who was watching is what i want to know!! And then when I (shock horror) fed at a park. He was creating such a scene!
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 10:24am
hehehe everyone who came to my house used to get to see my breasts!!! i think my family gave up being worried about it after the first few weeks.

i remember sitting on the couch with a jar underneath each breast waiting for hannah to wake up. i heard someone coming up the steps and ran for a scarf to cover myself with, but then saw it was my friend and decided that she could handle it... then her boyfriend walked up behind her!!! i've never seen someone so embarrassed in my life! lol
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 11:25am
hmmmmmm jars????
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 12:12pm
I think the whole world has seen my boobs. I had really bad mastitis and had to go back to hospital for 9 days, and my left side was so swollen that I couldn't even fit my maternity bra, so I was wandering round the hospital all lopsided and gushing everywhere
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 1:17pm
i never saw them...if thats any consolation, and i did see you in hospital. i am sure they are fine breasts (not just yours) - after all how many other body parts are mulit functional like a breast.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 3:10pm
yeah jars! easiest thing to find that would hold the milk.... had to empty them at some stage too.... would have been a strange sight!

Edited by nikkiwhyte
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 7:13pm
LOL Deb, you're lucky. Karen came to visit and got a real eyeful But then again she was there when Maya was born so I'm sure my boobs were the least of her worries!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 1:45pm
My Mum was my support when Kiya was born... I had a water birth, and I'm sitting in the bath breathing through a contraction and this midwife who'd come to see my midwife says "You know, they say a woman makes the same noises during the birth that she did at conception!" Just what you want your mother to hear!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 2:16pm
lol embarassing! that's just about as bad as the "can you add an extra stitch?" remark. my brother in law did that.. the poor doctor went very red apparently.

hhhm, maybe i'm weird, but i felt funny about feeding in front of most people.. i mean, for the first little while till i got the hang of things.. cos then you don't have to bare all to get baby latched etc. I preferred to go feed in the bedroom. will be interesting to see what 2nd time round is like.

Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:53pm
I had a few problems getting Josiah latched on at first.. he kept "nipple sucking" and I ended up with small cracks on my nipples. Luckily I saw them before they got too big, so they didn't bleed. I was staying at Waterford Birthing Centre, so I got the staff midwife to help me. She told me that often 2nd and 3rd time round, Mum forgets to turn her baby's body inwards enough - 'cause the older child learnt to do it themselves, but the baby hasn't yet.

That was our problem, and once we fixed his position he started latching on properly. I just thought you other "next time 'round" mums might like to know.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 7:12pm
will have to remember that.. tummy to tummy isn't it?

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 8:28am
Yes, that's right...
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 9:42am
i have been wondering abuot the next time round with breast feeding - do your breasts behave the same in that do you get that whole milk coming in flooding thing? and will they have to get used to being suckled on again - it has only been 5 months since i stopped feeding my son but will my breasts need to readjust again... i am not looking forward to the pain i got when i first started feeding my son...any other words of wisdom re second time breast feeding would be cool.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 1:35pm
mm i am wondering all the same things, it has been quite a while since i stopped with Paris no have no doubt that it will take adjusting to again, but last time my milk didn't come in properly until about 5 days after i had her - i remember sitting at home a few days after leaving hospital, and all of a sudden i had these rock hard things that leaked all the time, and thinking "so this is why they say to stay in hospital till your milk comes in!" hopefully it might be a bit speedier this time, everything else with the pregnancy kicked in quicker this time round.

hhm at least i'll be prepared this time - i know now that i need to eat EVERY time i feed, otherwise i basically flake.

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 2:10pm
Yeah I have found that things have happened a lot quicker this time round.faster labour,milk came in on 2nd or 3rd day,I hadnt forgotten how toget babe to latch even tho I stopped BF xander at 6weeks old so had been almost 2 yrs since I BF him.Harmony has actually gained weight where as most babes loose in the first 3-7 days!!!
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 2:14pm
In answer to your questions yes and yes. You do have to go through the whole getting used to feeding and sore nipples and engorged breasts. However I reackon it is slightly easier as it's like riding a bike it tends to come back to you. I agree becca.l you do forget to turn them tummy to tummy I was like that with my third. I'm the same as you Janine I can't feed around anyone other than my hubby and my mother and mother in law. If there is anyone else around I cover up with a blanket of move rooms.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 2:42pm
I basicly had milk straight away with Jayde. And found it very easy to get her to BF. Mind you i had only given up about 6 months earlier.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 10:15am
oh my gosh, jayde is 5 months old! it only seems like a few days ago she was born!!! everything going well with her feeding etc now?
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 11:03am
ah one word NO! Had a barium swallow last week so waiting for results of that. But with all ther perserverence her weight has stabilised so thats one good thing. I didnt like the downward trend. and she had her 5 month check yesterday and is 68cm so going to be a tall girl like her sister. Who for her 2 year check was off the chart.     Jayde is rolling now lots and trying to crawl its so cute. Pity i only give her tummy time in the morning when she is empty. I could ramble on forever anyway must go and sort out an electrician as i cant get our hot water cylinder to stop overflowing. Grr usually fiddling with the ajax valve helps or turning off the pump. But neither have worked today. Must have some gunk in it somewhere.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 6:30pm
Hope you got the heater cylinder sorted Maria. One of my back steps off the deck has collapsed, and teh agent is having probs getting my landlord to fix it which is a pain.
Good to hear that Jayde is gaining weight finally. It's such an awesome feeling. I remember when Maya was in hospital and she would gain like 10g in a day and I would be soooo happy even with that tiny amount. When do you get the results of the barium swallow?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>