FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRequesting baby vibes...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Requesting baby vibes...
    Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:19pm
Ok, so basically I have been having contractions for the last 3 weeks. I've had enough! Nathaniel, Kiya and I are all more than ready to welcome our baby boy into the family.

I saw my midwife this morning, and as I'd been having some strong contractions yesterday, I asked her to do an internal examination. She said that Baby's head is down properly (something it didn't feel like in the external exam) and the cervix is starting to thin out. She manually separated the layers of the cervix to try and bring on active labour. Here's hoping.

So all you mums out there, send me some baby vibes! We want our boy born and soon! Kiya keeps coming up to us and saying "I want Baby to be born tonight!" or "I've just prayed to Jesus for Baby to be born right now!". Nathaniel spent a fair portion of yesterday growling at my tummy, telling our son to come out. They're so cute!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:27pm
HURRY UP AND COME OUT ALREADY!!!! DON'T MAKE THEM USE THE NUKES! LOLOLOL

hope that does the trick.
contractions for 3 weeks... you are a champion. lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:53pm
Thanks Janine...
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 2:57pm
Hurry up baby, your Mum just issued your Eviction Notice!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 2:59am
You sure know what you are talking about, Emma!

After my midwife manually separated the layers of the cervix, I started having strong contractions about 10 minutes apart. As this wasn't the first time (although they were stronger than anything yet), we didn't pay much attention to them... other than to keep track of how regular they were not. The contractions got stronger, more painful and slightly more regular during the evening, and when we went to bed at 10pm, they were 7 minutes apart.

They jumped around all random for a while, settling down to 10 minutes then jumping around then were 8 minutes apart from 12:45am. At 2:23am, in the middle of a contraction, I felt something pop, then something thudded into my pelvis, then I realised my waters had broken! Since then, contractions have been 5 minutes apart... looks like our baby will be born later on today! YAY!!!

I'm too excited to sleep now (I was dozing inbetween contractions before) so that's why I'm updating all you guys at this ridiculous hour of the morning.
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 7:15am
YAY . Hopefully by now you are holding your wee baby. Or getting some much deserved rest, after all those weeks of contractions! Hope all went well and looking forward to hearing from you.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 8:22am
oh yay... hopefully it is finally over!
that is an extremely long time to be having contractions... i'd have been driven insane by now!
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 8:56am
wow thats sooooo cool Becca and bang on ur due date too!!!!! Baby definatly was listening to us all.yay, that means its my turn next!!!

Edited by Xandersmum
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 9:26am
Yay! hope you don't have to wait much longer.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 10:47am
make sure you keep us updated....you know what happened last time. Does Nathaniel know your password? He'll have to email
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 11:02am
It's aBOY

Josiah Phillip was born at 6:58am this morning. He weighed in at 7lb nothing (3.18kg). There were no complications and he is very healthy!!!

I am a very proud Daddy!!! (this is my first , and Becca's second)

Thanks for all your support

Nathaniel
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 11:23am
Congratulation Becca, Nathaniel and Kiya!!!

Right on time!!!

Hope it was a easy delivery.....well done

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 12:05pm
Oh thats great news, I'm sooo happy for you Becca. Its about time. CONGRATULATIONS, finally.

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 12:54pm
Yayyy, Well done! Congratulations to all of you!

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 1:19pm
Congrats Becca and Nathanial. What perfect timing on your due date! I hoep Kiya is enjoying her new baby brother!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 2:20pm
YAYAYAY! looks like all the baby vibes worked (oh, yeah, and a little help from the midwife of course) lol.

Congrats to you and your family.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 2:33pm

CONGRATS Becca and Nathaniel and of coures the very proud big sister Kiya.

well looks like it MAY be my turn next lol..

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 3:13pm
Thats so cool that he finally decided to make an entrance. Congratulations to  mum, dad and big sister.  Hope all is going great.
angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 3:18pm
Woohoo! Congratulations!!!
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 11:07pm
congratulations!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>