FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChocolate Self Saucing Pudding (microwave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding (microwave
    Posted: 02 May 2007 at 9:53am
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 drops vanilla essence
2 T cocoa
2 T melted butter

Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa and add sugar. Stir in milk, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well and pour into a microwave safe dish (that has a lid - I use a medium sized casserole dish).

SAUCE - 3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cups hot water
1 T cocoa

Mix brown sugar, cocoa and boiling water. Pour carefully over sponge mixture.

Cook for 15 minutes on full power (or if you want to oven cook it, 40 minutes at 180`C)

Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:54am
oooh yummy.   Maybe i might have to get off my bum and make this.. instead of opening an aunt bettys one and heating it in the microwave for 40 seconds. lol.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:58am

I love that recipe however when ever I have tried in the mocrowave it all goes everwhere even in hte bigges bowl i can fit in the microwave any idea what I might be doing wrong?.,

Deborah Mum to:

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:15am
mmmm....yummy!! And heaps easier than my recipe for self saucing pud - thanks!!! Mum2paris - I am guilty of using aunt bettys as well - but don't think they are as good as the real thing!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:24am
oh heck no - no where near. but no-one else in my house really likes puddings that much.. until i started getting the choc puddings for me and the girls tarted scrounging them.. now i might actually have some others to eat it with me it's worth making a larger one.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:12pm
This one takes about five minutes to whip together, so it's really quick...you can make it in one ad break and it's ready by the next (not that I've tried....hmm....okay )

It can boil over in the microwave, so I usually cook it in a bowl with a lid and just put a plate under the bowl - catches the mess and just ends up in the dishwasher with the rest.

Post Reply Post Reply