FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPantry Apricot Chicken Casserole

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pantry Apricot Chicken Casserole
    Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:03am
This turns out a LOT yummier than the recipe would initially suggest. I first saw it being made by my ex's mother, so all credit to her (for this at least).

12 chicken drumsticks
1 pkt Maggi Onion Soup
Apricot Jam (about half a jar, give or take)
Fruit Chutney (about half a jar, give or take).

Preheat the oven to 180`C
Place the chicken pieces in a roasting/casserole dish. Place a teaspoon of apricot jam and a teaspoon of fruit chutnet on each of the chicken pieces. Sprinkle the onion soup over the top of the chicken. Cook in a moderate oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked right through, basting the chook with the sauce once while cooking.

Sponsored Links

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 6:20pm
Do you put any liquids into this or does the jam melt and provide the sauce for basting?? Sounds yummy and I'm dying to try it.
emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 6:47pm
The jam and fruit chutney melt and create a sticky glaze for the chook. Very yum :o)

Post Reply Post Reply