FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedchildcare subsidy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: childcare subsidy
    Posted: 18 May 2005 at 6:56pm
Okay all you knowledgable mums - how do i find out if i qualify for a childcare subsidy and how much?

Sponsored Links

kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 7:54pm
Go to www.workingforfamilies.govt.co.nz and they have info on there about it all.  Hope that helps.
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 8:05pm
yep thats the best way to go about it.I knew we qualified cos we are only on a student allowence while Nath is studying.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 8:17pm
Either that or just ring Social welfare and they will be able to tell you. You can earn quite a bit now and still qualify.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:02pm
thanks for that site ...

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:26pm
It's up to $2.90 per hour per child, and the income levels are quite high now. They pay more than 1/2 of Maya's care all up which is good.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:01pm
yep the only reason i can study is that they pay most of paris's. I think we pay about $40 of the $130 each week. that's a huge thing.. if it weren't for them i would have had to give up on my dreams a long time ago.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 9:47am
I think the childcare subsidy is increasing again at some stage too. Maybe October??? (Don't quote me on that!)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 11:49am
yeah, as part of that "working for families" thing, it's supposed to increase again this year and next i think.. but again, don't quote me either.. lol. nikki, we are so learn-ed, lol.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 12:14pm
i blame my 'nappy-brain'
i read the website and looked at all the brochures but my short term memory doesn't seem to hold onto information!!!
and then i'm far too lazy to actually check what i am saying is correct! (altho it would take a few seconds to look on the net)
might actually do that now so that other people can find out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 12:16pm
Here we go -
3 October 2005
Childcare Subsidy and OSCAR rates will increase by another 10%.
1 April 2006
In-Work Payment will replace Child Tax Credit for eligible families
Family Tax Credit will increase
Higher income limits will be set for Family Support, In-Work Payment and Parental Tax Credit.
1 April 2007
Family Support rates will increase
Family Tax Credit will increase
Future payments will be regularly adjusted for inflation.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 12:17pm
Lots more money!
I just did an assignment on the 'Working for Families' package and whether it is encouraging welfare dependency despite the aim of getting families into work.
So really I should actually know something about it
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 12:25pm
In October the subsidy for childcare goes up to over $3 per hour.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 2:54pm
but only if your pre tax income is uner $770. - and so nikki did you come up with anything interesting in your study.?   I am always amazed that my husband and i struggle along and yet i know people on a benefit who put their kids in fully subsidised daycare while they look after other peoples kids and have stuff brought for them by their childs father...i marry the father of my child and i feel we are being penalised for wanting an "old fashioned family". sorry just my moan for the day...have low iron so will blame that.

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 6:49pm
My brother-in-law and his wife have recently found out they are expecting their 3rd child... he's told us that if they move to Aussie after the baby is born they'll receive around $16,000 per year in Family Support from the Australian government, provided he's working (at least that's the same as here!)
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2005 at 6:29pm
gsmum... you have *almost* two children right???
with two children you can earn up to $1,130 and still get a subsidy of $1.13 per hour (increasing to $1.24 in Oct 05)

My assignment was to find a way to research 'Working for Families' rather than the content itself. My interest came from my payments increasing dramatically from April under the 'Working for Families' package even though I am not working. I thought it was a bit unfair that the package was meant to encourage working but for the most part it is non working families that recieved most of the benefits.
The father of one of my classmates was one of the researchers behind the budget, I'd really like to talk to him to find out more about what they found concerning low income sole parents.
I think I got away with pretending I knew something about it rather than actually knowing! hehehe
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 1:03am
sigh....my entire univeristy career was based on that Nikki. BTW what are you actualkly studying?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 10:27am
haha who knows!!!

my degree is fairly flaky... i'm studying political science and religious studies. i've got a bit of a thing for studying middle eastern politics. (don't ask how the sole parent research came into it... i was suprised at myself because usually new zealand pols bores me to tears!)
i finish at the end of this year and i still feel like i know nothing!!! i'm planning on doing an honours degree next year tho... all depending on a good grade average
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 12:18pm
I couldn't wait to get out of uni, I'm still amazed that I passed coz after 3 years I was still waiting to actually LEARN something
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 3:07pm
Apparently what we are doing at uni is "learning how to learn". Load of bullocks. I believe that university is so overrated these days
Quite a few of my friends who did apprenticeships own houses and boats etc... what have i got??? a $20,000 student loan!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>