FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Gain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:40am
Wow lulu I am jealous, what is preggie bellies?

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:53am
If you want to get your fitness up, try swimming. It's really good for getting bubs into the right position and is at least fun. I've just been for a swim and think I might need to find a bigger tank top as it only just covers my belly now lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 11:12am
Ok this is embarrasing, but I can't really swim, I dont feel comfortable in water strange I know. I panic and have difficulty breathing.

I have just found out about preggie bellies which looks really good,

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 11:35am
Stacey I found maternity togs on TM, they don't come too easily to Palmy ladies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 12:52pm
Man it is difficult to find classes fro pregnant women.

I have been searching high and low today.

The only one I have found is for preggie bellies, however there contact means you need to attend 2x per week.

This is kind of hard especially that it will take me 30 min to get there.

Does anyone know of any classes in the south auckland area

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:27pm
I have gained about 6kgs so far so similar to you. I think I lost some in the early days which is a real shock since we were travelling in Europe so I was eating and drinking whatever I wanted. Everyone comments that I seem to have shifted my weight off other parts and on to my tummy...that is really the only place that has changed. I hope it will all fall off just as easily.

I think you put more weight on if you are little to start with (hmmmmm, whats my excuse?) and 63kg sounds little. I wouldnt be worried as long as your healthy and bubs is healthy there isnt much you can do.

This is really the only time we can gain weight without stressing.
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:32pm
LNN - I purchased the preggi bellies DVD and I do it at home. I have borrowed my Sister's swiss ball. Don't buy the preggi bellies ball as it's really expensive. If you don't have one, you use to be able to get them at the Warehouse. I couldn't make the commitment to go to an actual class twice a week, but I find it easy to do it at home twice a week. Especially with winter coming...! Warning though - it's quite physical and hard, I reckon I would have had trouble with it before I got pregnant, so just take it easy while you are learning if you go ahead with it!
Lou

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:43pm
We own an online store and I managed to get some pilates pregnancy DVD's for $14, this way if I dont like it it is not much money spent.

I have also found some Aqua aerobics classes ( not aquanatal) and am going to try this tongiht

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

I think you put more weight on if you are little to start with

Not necessarily, I was 54kg before my first pg and gained the average 13kg. Somehow your body figures out what it needs. It's true, pg is the only time you can put on weight without feeling guilty! Still, it can be a bit stressful to see your beautiful curves fill out. A new clothing style helps me feel better - especially once the baby comes and then everything needs to be bf-friendly.
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:53pm
I had just lost like 10kgs and as soon as I got pregnant, pretty uch over night I put it back on Since then I've only put on a few kg's but me and bubs have a lot to feed off
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 5:24pm
The battery on my scales ran out a few weeks ago, but I was up to 79kg then. When I found out we were expecting bubs I was around 72/3kg. I dread to think what I'm up to now!!

I find it hard to get my head around. I've noticed lately that my ankles are disappearing! It must be fluid retention (please let it be fluid retention and not just fat!!!!!!) and also my hands and wrists. How on earth can you put weight on your wrists i ask you!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 5:28pm
Yeah your telling me, why is is neccessary that my face gets bigger, and where are my skinny legs gone.

I am off to aqua aerobics tonight and have had to get into a pair of togs - ewwwww, it is one horrible sight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 6:40pm
I think I have got off lightly. I am enjoying my pregnant shape because now I know I dont look fat...just pregnant..I've always had a bit of a tummy. Still I have high hopes for this breastfeeding lark. I have a wedding to get ready for after bubs is born so I hope he/she will suck my fat stores dry!!
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:36pm
I was pretty big to start, so I have been pretty careful throughout. So far, at 33 weeks, i have put on 6kg, and have noticed that weight has moved off other parts of my body. I also have not changed bra sizes yet. I was pretty active till about 25 weeks, since then bubs has sat too low to move too much too often.

But don't worry - unless you are being silly, your body is doing what it needs to. don't cut back because that could hurt bubs if you aren't gettign what you need.
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:55am
I've put on 12-13kgs so far (started at 54kgs), but about 5kgs of that came on between 20-26wks. The biggest weight gain is meant to happen between 20-30wks. The rest has been very steady from day 1 (ie I put on 3kgs in the first trimester!). 10-15kgs is recommended, and the "norm" in NZ is meant to be about 11.5 - 16kgs but heaps of woman seem to put on over 20kgs and manage to lose the weight afterwards. I think it depends on how much extra fluid you are retaining. I wouldn't worry about how much you've put on, it should slow down towards the end, and in my opinion (as a nutritionist) I would be more worried about not gaining much weight (unless you start out overweight) than gaining the normal amount! Just eat heathily, and worry about any extra weight afterwards.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 6:22pm

ooh.. well I was 68kgs to start with & i'm now 85kgs! pretty scarey - I havn't been exercising as much as I should. I was a bit sore after a car accident & found it hard to get motivated again. No excuse now though! need to get up & go

Very difficult to accept the weight gain - I'm really hoping that bf will help me get back to my previous weight too!

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 6:27pm
I put on over 20kgs ( not sure exactly,..didnt weigh myself for the last 5 weeks of pregnancy, but was 20Kg then), I was 54kg to start with tho, with a low BMI. I lost it all after about 4 months, just by breast feeding. I have hardly been excersing and are still eating way more than I used to pre-preg.
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 7:04pm
with my first pregnancy i was 59kgs and the week i had sarah i was around 70kg

this time round i was 54kg and last week (at 24weeks) was 60kg im not to fussed, it is anoying when people comment on how big or little you are tho everyone is different with my first she was up under my ribs towards my back so i didnt have much of a belly at all and people made me so paranoid by telling me that mabye she wasnt growing, this time im just paranoid its gonna be really big like his dad who was 11pound and breach

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:41am

Originally posted by Kellz Kellz wrote:

I put on over 20kgs ( not sure exactly,..didnt weigh myself for the last 5 weeks of pregnancy, but was 20Kg then), I was 54kg to start with tho, with a low BMI. I lost it all after about 4 months, just by breast feeding. I have hardly been excersing and are still eating way more than I used to pre-preg.

kellz, lucky thing you! just out of interest - to get this result, did you eat the same as you did when you were pregnant - when you b/fed?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:11am
I'm so hoping to lose weight through breast feeding...I have my wedding 5 months after bubs is due!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>