FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Gain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight Gain
    Posted: 07 May 2007 at 8:51am
This may be a person Question, but how much weight has everyone gained since pregnant.

Before I was pregnant I 63kgs, then with all the MS I went down to 60kgs and am now 70kgs.

I read the other day that at 24 weeks you should have gained 4.5kg's oops I may have gained to much.

To make myself feel better I am only counting from 63kgs my start weight

Hope some of you out there are willing to share this info

Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 8:54am
when i was pregnant i only gained 3kgs...but everybody is different, and unless the midwife or doctor is worried about it, i wouldnt worry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 8:57am
Wow only 3kgs how did you manage that.

I dont know what I have done wrong.

My midwife has not been measuring my weight I will see he on Friday and will tell her.

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 8:59am
most midwives dont worry about weighing you now days...as most believe that you will put on what you need too...and as long as you are eating right (and the weight gain isnt becasue all you are eating is junk food) then they wont worry.

as for my 3kg weight gain, i think it runs in the family as mum was excatly the same.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:03am
You haven't done anything wrong. I was about 75kg pre pregnancy and at the last weigh in at the midwives I was 96kg. Everybody gains differently. When I had horrible morning sickness with throwing up I still managed to gain weight. God knows how though! I've stopped worrying about weight gain. Can't do anything about it and as long as my midwife is happy with me I couldn't care less if I gain a few kgs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:03am
I am definatley eating more as I am more hungry but it is not bad food.

I am just worried as I still have 16 weeks to go and have heard you put all the weight on towards the end

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:07am
I have only gained a couple of kg in the last 6 weeks. Don't worry about your weight
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:08am
i dont know how much I gaiend while pregs with Haleigh or so far this tiem round as my mdiwives Ive had dont weigh you unless oyu want to or if they need to.
Everyone gains differently.

Believe me the extra wieght you gia in pregnancy does come off, some of us have to work a little harder than others but it does come off.

I should weigh myself at midwifes next week to see how much Ive gained could be interesting
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:15am
I was 75kg before I got pregnant and put on quite a bit in the first part of my pregnancy. Still put on weight at the end but not as fast. By the end of it all I was around 96kg (stopped weighing myself!). I was gutted because I had heard all the same stuff as you. But in reality everyone is different and no-one else was worried about it so I shouldn't have been. Seven months after the birth I am now lighter than what I was before I started (go breast feeding!) so as long as you are eating good stuff, don't worry at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:19am
It is strange how some put on very little weight and others alot, it makes no sense.

I dont want to sound like I am thinking more of myself and being selfish. The most important thing is the baby but I am still worried.

I was always small and now am not feeling so good about myself

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:21am
I was starting to get worried too, that I may have gained too much, but everyone tells me weight gain is good and it does drop off. I weighed 57kg before I got pregnant, then lost 3 kg with ms, and now weigh about 67kg. And it has all gone on in a very short time. I think its because once I stopped feeling sick, I just ate and ate and ate! And I still need to eat regularly - at least every couple of hours, so I figure bubs must need it, otherwise I feel sick if I don't eat something. And I've still got 10 weeks to go...

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:37am
With my first son i lost 15kgs in the early stages when i couldnt eat (dont worry! - i had enough to loose! lol ) then i gained 12kgs over the whole pregnancy.
With this pregnancy i lost 20kgs (from not eating but couldnt eat properly until about 6months compared to the 4 months in my first pregnancy!) and at my last weigh in which was 26 weeks i had gained 4kgs. Im sure that iv probably piled on heaps more so far as i now feel as huge as a house!!!! BUT all for a good cause right
catcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:41am
I agree with others - everyone is different and as long as you and baby are healthy do not stress out (which isn't good for either of you). I am 26 weeks and have put on about 7 kgs so far. But hey I had a friend who has put on 30kgs with each pregnancy - she has managed to lose it all each time (her start weight about 68kg). All the books say between 10-15kgs is expected, so relax and enjoy while you can

ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:50am
before i was pregnant i was 53kgs and by the end of it i was 68kgs, i'm now back down to 52kgs. i really wouldn't worry about your weight, everone gains differently.

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:04am
I too stress about this as I had only just got to my goal for my wedding day having lost over 10kgs, then to find out on honeymoon that I was 3 weeks pregnant!

I was 71kg on my wedding day, at 6 weeks pregnant was 68kg (thanks to m/s) and today just weighed myself now and I am 73.1kg and I am nearly 15 weeks pregnant.

I walk 8-10kms every day to keep myself fit and healthy (bearing in mind I used to run over 10kms a day pre-pregnancy and play womens soccer twice a week). I think as long as you do everything in moderation you have done all you can to avoid putting on too much weight!

My m/w does not weigh me at visits either!
chonni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:08am
i was 52kg now at 25weeks im 62kg i dont really worry about my weaight coz just think your body is just trying to keep a wee baby safe and warm and look wat you get at the and
Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:12am
Found some interesting facts:

Weight gain - Proportions of Weight gain
Weight of baby - 38%
Weight of placenta - 9%
Weight of amniotic fluid - 11%
Increase in weight of breast tissue and uterus - 20%
Increase in weight of blood - 22%

Timing of weight gain
0-12 weeks - 0%
12-20 weeks - 25%
20-30 weeks - 50%
30 - 36 weeks - 25%
36 - 40 weeks - 0%

But I still wouldn't pay much attention to figures any way.... It is such and individual thing. I started off at 67kg ended up at 92kg!!! Went back down to a healthier (for my height) 73kg.... Stress less about it (or try to)

I know that it is hard watching the scales go up, but remember it is the baby, blood, fat stores, extra protien, breast tissue, uterus, placenta and all that other stuff!!!
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:16am
I think I need to walk more get my fitness up.

Before I got prega's I used to do quite alot then I got MS and movement made me vomit.

That is not enough of an excuse as it has been 10 weeks since my MS, I just feel I am getting lazy.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:31am
I gained 13kg every time, in the first trimester with Kryssi I lost 4kg to start with but the mw said it is correct to use my starting weight (the higher one) for comparison. So you're doing it the right way
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:32am
I am 25 weeks tomorrow and have gained 2.7Kg - I get the issue of people questioning whether baby is big enough! But baby is measuring bigger than her gestational age so I'm not worried. I have got more of a sweet tooth than before I was pregnant, but in general my diet hasn't really changed. I still walk the dog at least every second day and I've just started doing the preggie bellies workout twice a week. I agree with the others that everyone is different and as long as the baby is healthy, that's the main thing. However, while this might not be 'mentally' healthy, I am really aware of not wanting to have to diet and workout for years following the birth to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. So I am trying to keep active and eat healthily...
Lou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>