FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBoeuf Bourguignon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boeuf Bourguignon
    Posted: 08 May 2007 at 9:25am

Or beef in red wine!

This is one of those 'throw it all in the pot' recipes so the measurements are aproximate!

750g Chuck Steak or Gravy Beef

2 Tablespoons plain flour

2 Tablespoons olive oil

Tablespoon of tomato paste

10 baby onions (pickling onions)

200g button mushrooms

2 cloves garlic (crushed)

1 cup red wine (at least – I always use more!!)

˝ cup beef stock

Bouquet Garni (thyme, parsley, bayleaf)

Trim the fat off the meat, and cut into bite sized cubes. Toss in flour and brown in olive oil in pan (just to seal in all yummy flavour!)  add onions, stir until onions are softening up, then add mushrooms and garlic. Stir in tomato paste.  Add wine (I always use the same as we would drink with dinner and am fairly generous!) and stock. Add Bouquet Garni. Make sure the ‘juice’ covers the meat, turn onto a low heat and simmer for 1-1 ˝ hours. You can put it in the oven, but I always just leave it on the stove.

Serve with crusty bread and mashed potato. Yummy winter dinner – I often make if we are having people over as its so easy!

(NB sometimes I add carrots, but generally don’t bother!)

Sponsored Links

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 1:08pm
I make this all the time very yummy!!!
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 1:49pm

We have it a lot in winter - its one of my DHs favourites and its so easy. He especially likes it with a nice bottle of red, which of course is why we havent had it for a while....

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 3:55pm
we have it all the time cos its so easy! lol and im lazy! lol
 Post Reply Post Reply