FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBleeding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleeding
    Posted: 10 May 2007 at 11:38am
For all those ladies out there who didn't have a D& C, how long did you bleed for?, its been nearly a week now since the miscarriage and seems to go from being full on to nothing to back to full on.

Midwife said 7-10 days but shes not the most helpful at the moment( busy I guess) so just wondering what others went through.

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 12:26pm
I bled for 2 weeks, had 3 weeks' break, then bled for another 2 weeks (my next AF). Had a whole lot of cramping throughout, especially that first AF after. My cycle was longer after the m/c and after that next AF too, but we conceived in that cycle so I'm not sure how "out" it was.

The bleeding is not too different from after birth, I'm sorry to say.
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 2:45pm
First time I bled heavily for 21 days. The other time with the biochemical one it was round and about 25 days with heavy bleeding and then just spotting and then starting again.

I will go check your pregnancy hormone levels (sorry cant remember the name now) and then go back in a week and test it again and see if it is actually going down.

Otherwise go see a normal dr but I wont worry yet unless you have fever and feel dizzy.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 7:01pm
I agree with Shirena, if the bleeding continues longer than a week I'd get your hCG levels checked to make sure they are going down/back at <5 and of course if you get a fever/feel unwell coz it could indicate an infection.
I had a d and c as my last miscarriage was 'incomplete' - I bled for several days with no signs of it stopping and the doctor said it would benefit my future fertility to have the d and c rather than risk infection if the bleeding continued.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 12:09am
i had a d&C and had all those dramas with lots of clots etc,   have only just int he last few days gone down to just spotting.. but still it continues.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply