FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI saw someone using prefolds today and

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I saw someone using prefolds today and
    Posted: 11 May 2007 at 4:15pm
It looked soooooooo easy. It looked easier than pockets. I'm glad I have decided to try these first and then experiment with pockets. I may not ever need pockets.....but i still might want them coz theyre cute!
Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 4:55pm
Prefolds are easy but the biggest problem I found was that they are just not absorbant enough for Maddie...they are good as a back up nappy though!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 5:23pm
did you use pockets from newborn? I think I will definately end up with pockets but I thought prefolds would be good for a newborn and then I can use them afterwards with my pockets if I need to. Sound logical????
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 5:32pm
Excuse my ignorance, but by prefold do you mean the old fashioned white squares with pink edge nappies??

I have never thought of using those for other than a spew catcher, but now you have me thinking.......
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 5:38pm
a prefold is thicker and more absorbent than your old fashioned flats - which are great for pockets anyway. prefolds for a newborn would be great as you have to change them lots anyway. so absorbency isnt as much an issue. you can boost prefolds too tho - snazzipants doublers are great for this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 5:44pm
PEachy if you go to www.snazzipants.co.nz and click on products and then prefolds you can learn all about them.
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:01am
I use boosters in my pre-folds as well. It also provides a stay-dry layer which I like. But as gandt said with a newborn you change them so much anyway that absorbency's not such an issue.
Did you get a snappi to go with them? I found that so good for newborns. It keeps the nappy nice & snug around the legs & helps prevent any leakages.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:25am
i only use my prefolds with a snappi or in my pockets. pad folding never worked for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 11:17am
I have one snappi....arent they magic! Only prob is, my "baby" doll from childhood is a bit too big for newborn size so I havent really been able to practice...might have to try teddy.

How many snappis do you think you would need? also I only have 4 covers....is that enough?
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 11:57am
4 covers should be ok as you don't have to wash them every time... just air them out between uses.

And snappis, you only need a couple... maybe 2 or 3 (I add extra as I always lose things, you might be a bit more organised )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by nikkiwhyte nikkiwhyte wrote:

And snappis, you only need a couple... maybe 2 or 3 (I add extra as I always lose things, you might be a bit more organised )

Unlikely
 Post Reply Post Reply