FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLunch ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lunch ideas
    Posted: 13 May 2007 at 6:11pm
I'm hopeless at thinking of ideas for lunch. My imagination expands to ham sammies and that's about it!

What's easy and uses just everyday ingredients?

Thanks
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 6:18pm
I've brought my toasted sandwich maker to work but havent progressed past cheese sorry.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 7:02pm
Packed/work lunches or at-home lunches?
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 9:15pm
My best ever sammies are lettuce, avocado, cheese, sprouts, best foods mayo and some ham or whatever and soem relish/pickle on ploughmans harvest grain bread. Also, tuna mixed up in spiral pasta with a bit of mayo, grated cheese, some pineapple/spring onion,capsicum whatever. Keeps in fridge foor a few days and you can also wack it in an oven dish, covered in breadcrumbs and cheese and baked for a bit.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:07pm
leftover veges, couscous drizzled with some light dressing (note: not mayo), and grilled chicken - that is my lunch for tomorrow when i brave those ratty kids.,

ETA not MY kids, i have teaching practice tomorrow, if they were mine I would say Bratty

Edited by lizzle
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:17am
I make home made pizza, too. Pre made base, covered with bit onthe side oriental plum sauce, cheese, salami veg as required and more plum sauce. hhhmmm
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:35am
cheese toasties done in the oven - a bit of tomato sauce on the bottom under the cheese is nice too. cup a soup, pasta from last night with tuna and tomato and maybe some sprouts.
its normally just sammies in this house tho. or yoghurt.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 2:54pm
I've been getting those 2 min rice sachets, and divding into 2 containers, adding half a tin of tuna and some frozen peas. Microwave for 2 mins when i get to work and yum warm rice and tuna for lunch.
Means i have another one already prepared for the next day.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:45am
i second the tuna and rice
i love the flavoured tuna with rice, also yummy with scambled eggs......egg in a plate, bit of milk, pepper and salt, microwave for approx 1min.....yummy!

Post Reply Post Reply