FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhy i love cloth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why i love cloth
    Posted: 16 May 2007 at 2:47pm
I thought I would post about my recent epiphany.
I had always said that I would use cloth nappies, did heaps of research while I was pregnant, then waited until i was in a good place to keep on top of them to start. so about a month ago I went into cloth during the day and using one or two nappies overnight.
Over the last 24hours I have had two moments of absolute confirmation that I am doing the right thing.

1. Neil normally sorts the rubbish out on a Tuesday night to be put out on a Wednesday, the last time I did it we were putting out three bags (at $2 a bag) with using disposabel nappies, I couldn't believe how much there was as pre Fay we usde to put out a bag a fortnight. Last night we had one bag only, half rubbish and half nappies. I couldn't belive the difference
2. I have been buying pocket nappies from a lady on Trademe. One of the them had a snap come loose, so not really knowing what I was doing I asked her if hitting it with a hammer would fit it back on. So she said NOOOOOOOOOOO, and sent me a prepaid postage envelope down to send it back to her for repair. today she sent me an email saying she has done this but is not happy that it will hold again as it is a bonded fleece nappy, so has remade the nappy in PUL, and will send the two nappies back to me at no cost. also she has given me a discount on my next three nappies i buy from her!!! I cannot believe the after sales service I got from this lady, her nappies are the best i have, and she is a Mum and a Kiwi so I feel good supporting her.
So feeling rather virtuous today,not only am I saving the planet, I am supporting a Kiwi mum too
Jus thought I would share my brain ramblings
Claire
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 3:35pm
Wow Claire that is top service from her. Who is she as i'm going to be looking at TradeMe soon for nappies.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 3:50pm
WOW that is good!

You should add your comments to the product review section and send a bit more business her way
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 3:55pm
Yes tell us who she is...she deserves support with that kind of service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 4:08pm
Her Trade Me name is gunardfish. Her nappies are really colourful and she matches colours really well with snaps, fleece and PUL. I think she is newish to selling her nappies
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 5:13pm
nuts....went to look on TM for her but it says that user name doesn't exist...

MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 5:19pm
i have her on my saved seller list, she sometimes makes really awesome nappies out of vintage fabrics, so cool!
great that you got such good service, and great that you are enjoying using your cloth nappies too
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Paws Paws wrote:

nuts....went to look on TM for her but it says that user name doesn't exist...

Ahh could be gurnardfish then, sorry about that.
Also I have her email address which I can PM abnyone who wants it
Nappies are about $20 with insert
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 5:23pm
she is great and a really nice lady too. i had morning tea at her place yesterday and was checking out some of her nappies. her workmanship is fab. i got a wet bag off here and she seals the seams with an extra layer of PUL.

it looks like the TM seller skytower has a few of her vintage naps up for sale at bargain prices if you wanted to check them out.

Edited by gandt
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:41pm
They look like very cool nappies - love the citrus one you got Claire! Awesome service
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 9:42am
i have her saved on my watchlist too   she did some auctions to raise money for aria mcdonald on TNN and that's where i found her nappies. they look awesome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 8:15pm
Citrus one is my favorite along with a apple blossom, which is pale green with pink fleece and snaps. I have just requested an england one for the world cup, white PUL with red fleece and snaps.
I saw the ones she did for the aria MacDonald campaign too.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 6:04pm
Those nappies are seriously cute and a very good price. Can't wait to get some. Thanks for the heads up Claire
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 9:35pm

Great service. I just ordered a leopard print in the cover from blossombums too.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply