FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternity Cloths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 10:37am
Hey ladies - buy your preggy clothes in the same size as your pre-preggy self... pregnancy clothes are made to allow for the extra bump, while still fitting everywhere else properly.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 10:40am
Good...sounds like you are organized!

I want to use cloth nappies too. Since you will have your baby soon, let me know how you go with them.

I have a separate room for the baby and the only thing that goes in there at the moment is the cot so plenty of room for me to buy all the "necessary" things.....

We decided to hire a car seat for the first 6 months...the capsule one, and then we will buy a car seat. Gosh so much still to organize....ahhhhhhh

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:25pm
Becca - I wish I had known that before I got all my stuff! Oh well, only about 8 weeks of pulling pants up to go, lol!!
Roksana - We decided not to hire the car seat in the end due to there being a really high demand in our area and my hubby (maths whizz that he is) worked out it would end up cheaper if we bought one of the car seats that are for 0 - 18 or 20kg (whatever). I hope that it's good!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:33pm
That's what I wanted to do too (buy one, I mean)....but because the capsule was some thing we could take out from the car with out waking the baby, we thought we would just hire for first 6 months. I think it is $106 for 6 months and you get some of it back when you return it.

If I had it my way, I would buy a car seat straight away (I like new stuff).

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:51pm
aaaaaah, good thinking - not waking the baby. I am such an amatuer!! I never even thought of that!!! Oh man, I am so not ready for this!!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:57pm
Trust me I would have never thought of that on my own....it was a lady from Baby Factory that reminded us of that.

Dont worry, It feels like you are not ready...but when the time comes, it will all go as it should!

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 3:26pm
Hey Roksana,who is it that is charging over 100 buks to hire a capsule???? Plunket hire them out for just under 80 buks which 40 of that u get back.so only costs u 38 or so dollars in the end.just another avenue to check out.And to save a few bob to go towards something else for bubs.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 3:31pm
Thanks Rebecca....

It was Baby factory...I just cant remember how much they give back.

I will try plunket and yes the extra cash can go towards buying girly stuff for my little girl!!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 3:49pm
New mum, you can always just change on the floor - saves the worry of baby falling (sorry, i'm a bit pedantic about babies falling off stuff, ) with the trolleys you were thinking of.. we just grabbed a couple of those vege trolleys from the warehouse, they have 3 shelves each and were cheap as, and we stack nappies etc on them.. they're great, we have on in the room and one in the lounge so you can just grab a nappy/bib/cloth no matter which room you're in
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 5:27pm
Janine - yep, that is what I was thinking of (the trolleys I mean) sounds like it will work then! We will have to have a look at the weekend! Good idea having more than one!!! I think changing on the floor is a good idea, I remember my mum doing that with my little sister too come to think of it!
My name is Ana by the way!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 5:44pm
I had/ve a nappy stacker as we did the cloth nappy thing, it was great coz it hung up in the wardrobe out of the way, but was easy to access.
I bought some really great storage bucket thingies that fit into a shelf so the all stack neatly but you can see what's in each of them. I used to use them for nappy creams etc, now I use them for Maya's shoes (and she has many!) It was so great I also bought a second one for her toys in the lounge and she loves t coz she can see everything that;s in it. Cost me $50 each from the Warehouse, but definitely a worthwhile spend.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 8:09am
Roksana - Just got an email about a sale at Pumpkin Patch - Lots of maternity clothes up to 40% off, probably worth a look? You can probably check it out online too? Have fun shopping!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 8:55am
yah I saw that....going shopping this weekend.
Hope I like some thing...I am so fussy when it comes to cloths.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 5:29pm
I changed jake on the floor all the time. He is one of the wriggliest, squirmiest kids EVER so putting him, even on the couch is not a good idea. My girlfriend was babysitting when she was younger and the baby she was in charge of rolled off the table. He was only 6 weeks old at the time. Luckily he weas okay, but she said she still feels guilty every time she sees him....8 years on!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:44pm
Yep, Ayja is a wriggly wriggly baby.. when you put her down to change, she arches her back and turn her head right round to see above her.. she nearly rolls! She has also mastered the art of pushing off with her feet backwards..and scooting off the end of the change mat onto the carpet.. so nope, I would never change her on anything other than the floor.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 10:01am
We had cahnge table but it was great because it had a big dip in the middle that Maya got 'stuck' in when she was really little. Stopped using it at about 12 mths when she figured out how to 'climb' off it. Gave me the heebie jeebies!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12